Chapter Twenty-Four

Edited: 5-21-24

Void's POV

It didn't take long for the platform to come to its end. At first, when the platform stopped, the bright pink male got off first. Yupo was next and as Daeus picked me up, I felt a sense of hesitation coming from my Honeycomb. Brushing it off, I let him carry me off the platform and when he set foot on the ground again, I noticed that we were in a different area completely. Sure I didn't know much about this planet, nor did I know much about how Honeycomb's lived, but I knew enough to know that this place was different from where our home should have been. The smell of salt water that sprayed the air and the vast expanses of orange and red feilds were the first two things that let me know we weren't where we started out.

"Let me take you to the ship. When you get back, you'll be taken to your estate to settle in. Deodiar and Oppe are waiting with everything prepared." The bright pink Honeycomb started off walking and Daeus followed. Yupo remained by us, but she was quiet and her eyes weren't shining. I'd realized back on the platform that Mint and Unit weren't with us and now, seeing the look in Yupo's eyes, I wondered if she was missing them.

Knowing as much as I did, I was sure they'd meet up with us eventually, but a part of me knew that they weren't going to. "Deodiar has new phones for the both of you as well a card. The card will be symbolized as your cash for Yellowjacket Kingdom. A website keeps it all under check."

"Any advice for the trip? I've never brought back species to be pets before," Daeus's hand combed through my feathers and I watched the sky as we walked. I've not tried flying before, but maybe when we get home I'll try it. I know I can swim, the water is a part of me, yet flying could be a part of me as well. The thought of soaring high up in the clouds, free from every worry I might have. It was appealing.

"Due to what we think humans are like, I'd advise you create rules for what an Ehkad needs before adopting. Create rules that will make sure humans go to safe, caring homes and I'll make a few of those rules laws so that no human winds up in a situation we can't predict. Only you and your team can transport the humans, so I'd advise you create a human shop when you get back for the humans and what they need. Get things ordered before you come back and I'll have them waiting with me." The other Honeycomb stopped walking and Daeus did as well. When he did, I noticed that in front of us was a large building. It was a barren building with windows spaced weirdly, but it seemed to be our destination. "Keep records of all the humans as well. I'd hate for the council to punish you again for something you couldn't control. They're adorable creatures and even though we might think it, not all of us are nice."

"Well, Daeus." The other male looked down at me and I gave him a small smile. "This is where I leave you. Inside is the ship and your team. Deodiar is excited to meet you and the bond. Good luck on your journey."

"Thank you, King Maur." Daeus continued forward towards the building without the other male. Yupo followed us and it took a few minutes to get inside. When Daeus opened the door, I was surprised to see a large, odd-shaped . . . ship? Getting closer, I noticed that the ship was a very large spaceship. At least, what I'd imagine one to be. It was black with white spots that resembled stars. Purple hues also dotted the large ship. It stood on four large pillars and was actually slightly hovering above them, emitting a blue glow. Below the ship, a large staircase descended from the middle.

From the staircase, an olive green female descended from the stairs. Her dark forest green eyes held a welcoming twinkle to it as she approached us. "Hello and welcome, Daeus. I'm glad you could join us. It's been awhile since either of our divisions have been on a real team. King Maur has said nice things about you." She bowed her head to Daeus and glanced at me kindly. "My Bond is a Rasorine and so is everyone else's in my division. They are here with us, but your Bond might be scared of them at first, just a head's up. Oppe's division doesn't have Bonds. Everything you could need is in your room. It's small, but the ship wasn't built to be slept in. Our destination is Earth and it'll take approximately 3 days to get there if we max out her speed."

"I think he's ready, he's been through so much already. Thank you for taking us in to lead you two, considering we're not even native to Yellowjacket Kingdom." They started to walk towards the stairs and I looked over at Yupo. She didn't look sad anymore, but I knew she was. We were heading towards a ship that I assumed would take us out into space and we were missing half of our family. I didn't know where they were or why they were gone, but Daeus didn't seem all that bothered. Well, that might be because he's most likely got so many other things on his mind.

Heading up into the ship, I ignored Daeus' conversation with the female. The inside of the ship was wide and spacious. I don't think there was a single wall in the place aside from at the back. That wall was probably separating the sleeping area of the ship. In front, a large window covered most of the top, sides and front. There was a panel at the very front with three different stations which all had a Honeycomb at them. One was a periwinkle color, one seaweed colored, and the other the shade of moss. Behind them was another station with a very simple control panel and a light bluish purple male sat there.

To the left of the ship was a kitchen area and a dining area, separated from the rest by low, half-walls. To the right was a seating area and a hatch by the back wall leading down. I didn't want to even wonder what was down there.

Keeping ahold of me, Daeus walked towards the bluish purple male. I remained still. There were so many other's here and assuming that all Honeycombs lived is pods of four, there would be three more with us as well. It was a startling fact and I didn't really like so much change, but Daeus seemed comfortable with this Honeycomb.

"Ready to depart, Daeus?" The bluish purple Honeycomb spoke and his voice carried an accent I wasn't familiar hearing. He dipped his head towards Daeus and then a loud swooshing sound alerted me to the entrance staircase closing. When it shut, you couldn't even tell that a staircase went there. It was just a wide open section in the middle of the ship, bare of anything.

Daeus looked down at me and closed his eyes, a sigh leaving his body. When he looked back up, I noticed a smile on his face. "Ready."