Author's note

Hello! If you've read some of my previous work, you probably know me by now. If you haven't, then let me introduce myself.

My name's Holly, I write fanfiction. I have a few other fics on here already (you can check those out if you want) but they're all Maze Runner and Loki and honestly I was getting a little tired of writing the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Anyway, I was watching Treasure Planet the other night, and I suddenly remembered that I used to have the most massive (most massive? Massive-est?) crush on one lovely young boy by the name of Jim Hawkins. I'd like to pause here and add that he is the only fictional character I've ever liked who is actually in my age range lol.

So naturally, to deal with the fact that my dear Jim is a) fictional b) animated c) probably really old by now and d) would never love me anyway, I have decided to write this fanfic.

Now, a few important notes about characters. 

(Y/N) = your name. 

(Y/l/n) = your last name (although I'm not sure if I use that here...)

(y/h/c) = your hair colour, but again I can't remember if that's relevant to this particular story. 

I use bold font (like this) for author's notes during chapters, so look out for that :)

So buckle your seatbelts people, and as a wise tumblr user once said, "sit down, shut up, and enjoy the experience of my 4-am-redbull-induced-self-hatred-fuelled-writing-extravaganza."

And um... by the way, I have hearing impediments and my download of the  movie hasn't got subtitles, so there are probably a lot of mistakes regarding names. I'm sorry about this, and I tried my hardest to be as accurate as possible :)

Oh yeah, another important point is that I'm the CEO of terrible titles... so yeah. 

Update for those who missed it in the description: a heavily edited and basically re-written version of this is on AO3 and tumblr now, both @hollybell51 with the same title if you would like to read that (I highly recommend it as opposed to this one). It's in a different tense (past) and narrative voice (second person instead of first) but it is genuinely so much better in plot, characters, prose, LITERALLY EVERYTHING