Prologue

The universe. A collection of galaxies that floats around the thing that we called space. Scientists have often wondered if the universe was "alive". If there were other planets that host another civilization similar or more advanced to the human race. They sought to find the answer by building telescopes, inventing rockets, and even flying to the moon, just to explain the mysteries of the question, "Are we truly alone in the universe?"

"..."

"..."

"...Ryan." He heard someone mumble behind him.

"Hmm?"

"What is Ryan doing?"

"Oh, just...looking at the sky with the telescope."

Ryan took another look in his telescope, before he realized something as he lets out a deep sigh and turned around.

"Why are you outside, hmm Shiro?" Ryan asked as he eyed his daughter.

Shiro was a young girl that stood at about 140 cm, a third of Ryan's height. She has long strands of pale violet hair that promptly reached near the end of her back, and red, soft eyes. She stood behind Ryan, her bare feet standing on the grass behind their house.

Shiro looked at him meekly as she played with the strands of her long hair.

"S-Shiro wanted a b-bedtime story."

Ryan raised one of his brows "Didn't I already tell you a story though?"

"But Shiro wanted another one!" The little girl said with a small pout.

Ryan sighs as he shake his head "Fine, but you have to promise me that you'll sleep after, okay?"

"Okay!" Shiro happily exclaimed as she ran back to the house. Ryan lets out a small smile before he followed her back.

Ryan removed his slippers and left them outside as he went inside the house, closing the door behind him. He takes a deep breath with his nose as he smelt the old house.

"...I should probably clean up around here." He mumbles as he eyed the ever-piling dishes in the sink. Ryan lets out another usual sigh before he traverses the house's wooden floor. It was only a moment until he reached Shiro's door.

Ryan and Shiro had a rule in the house that they should knock before entering another person's room. It was good for Shiro's manners, but for Ryan, it was somewhat of a necessary warning before Shiro entered his office like that last time.

He knocked three times on the door.

"Can I come in?" Ryan asked.

"Come in!"

Ryan opened the door and opened the lights. Shiro's room was small, with plain walls and only a bed and some few toys. There was a small lamp that stood on top of a dresser, a small chair, and a window on the other side.

"Will Ryan finally tell me a story?" Shiro asked Ryan with a pout.

"Yes, yes, but you have to remember your promise." Ryan repeated himself.

Shiro nodded, her head bobbing up and down excitedly. Ryan took the small chair on the corner of her room and sat down beside her bed.

"Alright, so what did I tell you last time?"

"The story a-about the Alien and the hero!"

"Ahh, well...How about this one."

■■■■■

Ryan looked at the snoring girl before he closed the door with a small smile on his lips.

"That took a while..." He mumbled as the door clicked.

Suddenly he felt his phone vibrate in the pockets of his jeans. He took it out as he looked at it with a bit of irritation.

"Who the hell is calling me at this time of night..." He wondered as he pressed on the green call button.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Dr. Ryan?" A voice said through the phone.

"Yes, who is it?" Ryan said with an irritated voice "Do you know what time it is to call me?"

"I'm sorry but...We need you here right now."

"Why me specifically? Couldn't you call the others on duty right now? Shiro is fast asle-"

"It's an emergency. A Code Green!"

Ryan stopped as his eyes turn wide open.

"An actual- You should have started with that dammit! I'll be there at around 5 minutes!"

Ryan turned around as he went back to Shiro's room and gently woke up the child.

"Shiro?"

"Hmm..."

"I'm sorry for waking you up, but Ryan has to go to work and...I can't leave you here, you know."

"...But I'm so sleepy..." Shiro mumbled half-asleep.

Ryan bit his lip before he had a bright idea. He took out his phone and called. The phone rang a few second before he heard a click.

"Hello, sorry for call-...Yes, I know but it's an emergency. Can I leave Shiro there for a while? I can't leave her here and I immediately thought of you. Yes, I'll be back. Okay thanks." He said before he dropped the call.

"Shiro..." He gently shook the child "I'm sorry but I'm gonna leave you to the neighbors for awhile."

Shiro mumbled something incoherent before she went back to asleep in a second. Ryan lets out a small smile before he carried her to his car.

■■■■■

Shiro woke up with cold sweat falling down her forehead, and her heart threatening to beat out of her chest. Her hands were clammy as her eyes looked from left to right.

"You alright, Shiro?" She heard a voice beside her.

"Ryan?" She mumbled as she looked at the voice's direction only to be disappointed. She lets out a deep sigh before she shook her head.

"I'm fine VV."

"Another nightmare then I presume?" VV asked her, concerned.

"I told you, I'm fine."

"Chill, Chill. We can't have one of our commanding officers screaming in the middle of the night."

Shiro rolled her eyes "Say that to the rest of the troops."

VV chuckled, "You have a point. Anyways, come up to mission control, we have something."

"Alright give me a minute."

VV nodded in reply as he left, closing the door behind him with a click. She takes a deep breath, before she stood up.

"Another day, another revolution..." She said to herself before she went out of her room.