Your Bastard

December 24th
09:24 a.m.

Eyes glued to the screen of his phone, an involuntary sigh leaves Boun's lips looking through his social media, finding nothing else he could do to pass the time. Well, there probably were other things, but he was too lazy to think about them. But it also added in the bonus of not having to get out of bed.

It was just one of those days, and he wasn't sure he'd even be able to bring himself to get up to do what he needed to do today. He knew he had to, time wasn't going to slow down for him, it being more likely to go against him with his luck.

'Luck' hadn't been on his side of late, and he just wanted to forget about the event that had accrued a week prior and redo it all over again, fix the incident that was affecting him currently.

It was stupid and he was just angry at himself for it. He should have handled the situation rashinally, but instead he let it get the better of him, and fucking hell was he regretting that now.

With and obnoxiously loud sigh, he shuts his phone off, the glass screen going black, and tosses the covers off of his lean frame, sloppily walking into the bathroom.

At least if he did it now, it'd be done and dusted, and he could just go back to bed and sulk in irritation at his own irrational behavior.

Turning on the shower, Boun waits a moment or two for the water to heat up to his liking. And once satisfied with the temperature, he gets into the confined space. The steam soon accumulating and filling up the bathroom, as if it were a steam room.

Procrastinating is not going to get him anywhere, he knows that much, but that doesn't mean it's not going to attach it's self onto him until he finally finds himself in a panicked state, having to do everything last minute.

But he knows he only has a limited amount of time to get the task down, hours. And sure that seems like more than enough time. But he also has to make a decision on what to get, and he doesn't want to screw up and, and...

God I shouldn't have waited so long to do this!

I'm going to disappoint him!

Fuck.

And fuck procrastination, from the very bottom of my heart.

That and my inability to handle things like goddamn smart person.

Frustratedly rinsing his hair, Boun washes the rest of his body, getting out the shower as quickly as he can, realisation starting to dawn on him that he only has a few hours.

Drying himself as quickly as he can and soaking up as much water as he can from his hair, he looks through his drawer for an at least decent outfit to wear in public, he pulls out random clothes, not really caring, and once he's done putting them on he heads for the door after grabbing his essentials, closing and locking it behind him as he makes his way to the bottom floor.

Jumping into his car, Boun plugs his phone into the little port in his car, leaving it to charge while he drives to the nearest shopping center to find a suitable present for his boyfriend.

***

Wondering around the impressively large building with an abundant amount of stores selling just about everything you could think of, Boun was just about finished with all the walking he's had to do.

Nothing seeming like the right thing, nothing seeming worthy. Maybe he was raising the bar too high, but he just wants to find the perfect gift, and nothing less for the perfect man.