16. Sedici

After Edward, I met the kids I had taken from the clubhouse

After Edward, I met the kids I had taken from the clubhouse. They seemed to adapt quickly and Ghost still hadn't told me his name. In the afternoon, I checked with my soldiers then got home a few hours later. I immediately sensed someone's presence inside. My shoulders straighten, my hand glided to pull out the .22 from my holster. As I walked stealthily toward the living room.

When I heard some more clatter from the kitchen. I took a deep sigh and pinched my eyes shut. I wish there was an assassin inside.

"Topino is that you.?" Came my mamma's voice from the kitchen.

"Yes, mamma." I speak tiredly, strolling towards the kitchen. It smells like heaven, like mamma, like home.

I kiss her cheek and she slapped mine in return. "Piccolo, you stink. Go take a shower." She went towards her handbag but I pulled her back.

"I don't want to smell like a prom queen." I tell her gently before she could reach for the bath bombs.

She elbowed my stomach and turned around "And I want this kitchen to look like someone actually eats here." She scolded. Then furiously began to open all the doors in the fridge and cupboards she could reach, to show me how empty they were.

"I'm eating, mamma." I sigh, scratching the back of my neck.

"Then why do you look so thin.?" She cooed. Is she serious? This jacket would burst if I add another set of dumbbell curls. When I rolled my eyes, she tried to hit me with the spatula. I ran to the bathroom ducking away from her.

When I got back, she was almost done with the full course meal, dressing the huge amount of salad, humming her favorite tunes.

"You should have told me Don is coming. I would have stayed in the shower longer." I groan setting the dish on the counter from the huge oven I had never used before.

"I invited your friends." She answered simply, tossing the salad.

"I don't have friends, mamma." I say carefully, afraid that she has invited some chick to compete to become my wife.

She laughed, "I invited Soto, Emiliano, and Lorenzo."

"They work for me. They are not friends." She gave me a smile that meant I better not try to cross her when she will begin. I take a chair turn it around and straddle it, propping my arms on the backrest, If I'm to be lectured I prefer to be conformable. "They are your friends and they also respect you. That respect isn't for your position at the Famiglia, piccolo. Even if Lorenzo pulls your leg all the time." She giggled like a... Madre di Dio.!!!!

"You talk to Lorenzo." I blurt incredulously. It was more of a remark though I knew the answer but didn't want to believe in it. I know this because I am aware of this giggle. That's how all the girls chirp around him all the time, she kept giggling at me watching the fury on my face contour. She wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes closing the lid on the salad.