Prolouge: The Briefing

They came without warning, the fleet admiral recalls as he looks through all the reports of raiding and abducting, the population of entire cities, nations even, disappeared completely over night, along with all of their valuables, all that remain are the remnants of their settlements, almost raised to the ground. He slams his fist onto the desk, causing the navy staffs that are running back and fort relaying reports and statistics to stop for a second, startled, confused and scared, knowing full well what the man in red holding the position of fleet admiral, supreme commander of the Marine could do. Smoke now rises from the fleet admiral's clenched fist, before his hand bursts into flame, crackles and oozing with magma that sears the metal surface of the desk. They came without warning, he recalls. The first time he saw them was at the Summit War, inhuman beasts, faster and stronger than anything he's ever seen. Swords broke when collided with their black armor, bullets fizzled out of existence before they could reach the smaller ones, or bounced off the tough armors and skin of the larger ones. Even Haki users and Devil Fruit users were no match, finding their strength sapped, their very souls being ripped away from them as the whirlwinds of death descended. They tore into the marines' ranks, cutting them down like blades of grass, lobbing off arms of giants and Pacifista with their shimmering, razor sharp swords. They lost two fifth of their entire numbers, along with two shichibukai and the Fleet Admiral, felled by who seemed to be their leader, before sudden retreating after Ace and White Beard were killed. A stroke of luck, as Sengoku bought Akainu enough time to kill them both. And now, after two years, they've returned.

They came after the mysterious disappearance of the marine forces in Sabaody, along with them was Rayleigh the Dark King and his associates who were present at the time. They came after the mysterious podcast featuring a man looking almost identical to one of his most hated enemies, a man whose face resembles Monkey D. Luffy, but with golden eyes, along with the demeanor and seriousness the rival his own, possessing an aura of absolute authority that precedes any user of Emperor Haki, asking for their unconditional surrender and loyalty. At first the many nations refused, vowing to fight to the bitter end than to submit themselves to subservience. Then they came.

They returned when the skies darkened with the shadows of a thousand ships sailing higher than the clouds, the smallest of which was many dozens times the size of their largest battleships and the largest the size of an entire island. Akainu remembers how the cries of protest were silence the moment that man leisurely gestured to one of his subordinates, showing them the price of retaliation when one of the smaller shuttles fired, obliterating an entire island in the New World.

- Sir. - A vice admiral rushes to his desk, saluting and waits to be acknowledged.

- Speak. - Akainu rumbles.

- There was another podcast sir. - The vice admiral starts his report. - The pir...the commander of the sky fleet once again asked for our surrender and loyalty, or else the attacks will continue.

- Let him boast. - Akainu narrows his eyes. - The World Government and the Marine forces will fight them to the bitter end.

- With all due respect sir, we are suffering casualties unlike any other time before. - The vice admiral pleads. - Our weapons have no effects on them while their deal devastating blows on us. Perhaps we should consider...

- COWARD! - Akainu stood up, slamming his fist into the desk, leaving a sizable dense on its metal casing. - And you call yourself a navy vice admiral! Get out of my sight!

- Yes sir! - The vice admiral bows and rushes out from the office room, leaving his colleagues behind gulping in fear.

Akainu slowly, painfully sits down, rubbing his slight bent and scarred neck as he does. The vice admiral wasn't entirely wrong, they are suffering losses unlike any other times in their history. This is not just an uprising of pirates or renegades, this isn't a country declaring war on the World Government. This is an invasion from an unknown enemy, an enemy whom they can't fight, who have the powers and wills to see them all eradicated. Their world is being besieged, their enemies are coming, by fire and steel they would cleanse this world of everything that dares stand in their ways.

Unless they can find a way to retaliate.