00. "She's so rock-and-roll and out of my league."

BLACK NAIL POLISH

___

Inspired By:

Trouble by NeverShoutNever!

"She's so rock-and-roll and out of my league."

___

Friday nights are laundry days for Jesse, and apparently as of that day, they were Austin's laundry days too. Both of them used the apartment buildings coin operated washing and drying machines, but none of them had ever seen each other. Sure they lived in the same building, but neither of them really enjoyed socializing, so they didn't even know of each other.

***

Either way, when Friday afternoon rolled around, and Jesse was done doing her reading for class, she got her basket full of dirty clothes, and walked down stairs to the laundromat. Like every Friday, she put in two loads, one which consisted of white clothes, while the other was full of colored clothes. She put in a detergent and some fabric softener into the little compartments, put in her coins, and let the washing machine do the job.

Afterwards, she went back upstairs with her basket in hand, and started on dinner. It was only Friday, and grocery day wouldn't be until tomorrow, which meant they were running low on food. Jesse didn't feel like putting together a shitty dinner that consisted of leftovers, so she ordered one large pizza for her and her roommate, Alice.

At around seven, Alice was home and they ate their pizza. They settled themselves in the living room with blankets, their pizza, and the newest Spiderman movies, but once they finished their food, both girls had fallen asleep. Friday were uneventful for both girls, considering that by the end of the week they were exhausted, and only consisted of taking naps, eating, and lounging around the apartment.

***

Downstairs in the laundromat, Austin took his basket full of dirty clothes in, and threw similar colors into different washing machines. Normally, he did laundry whenever he felt like it, but he had no clean clothes left. He had a few pairs of basketball shorts, and a hoodie or two, but that wasn't something he'd wear to a date.

That same afternoon, Sierra, a girl who he'd taken interest upon, had finally agreed to go on a date with him Saturday night. He'd dug through his closet to find nice clothes to wear the next night, but most of his nice clothes was dirty and hadn't been washed yet. He wouldn't have time to do laundry tomorrow, so he picked up his basket, walked downstairs to the laundromat, and began throwing clothes into different machines.

He put in detergent and fabric softener, and let the machine do everything else. The cycles would take a while, so Austin went backstairs, continued eating his ramen, and continued watching an episode of Dragon Ball Z. Alex had insisted he watch the show, and Austin had finally agreed to, and so far, he was actually enjoying it. (Who doesn't love Dragon Ball Z, let's be real.)

Around the beginning of season three, Austin ended up falling asleep and forgetting all about his clothes.

***

Jesse woke up suddenly to the sound of the TV; Spiderman was now fighting Electro, and the speakers made everything noisier. She wrapped her blanket around her, and walked downstairs to check on her clothes - she was sure that the cycle would have been over by now.

She checked the machines, and she was right. Both machines were done washing, so all she had to do was dry her clothes and come back for them later. She put in almost two dollars into each machines, and let them do the job before returning back to her apartment, and taking another nap; she'd go get her clothes later.

***

Austin held his damp clothes in his arms, and looked for a drier that wasn't being used. Unfortunately, all of the machines were being used, and Austin's clothes were still not dry. All of the machines had either barely started their cycle, or in the middle of it, but there were two machines that were completely done.

He was sure the owner of the clothes wouldn't mind him taking the out and neatly placing them on the counter, so he put his clothes down and walked over to the machines. He doubted the owner of the clothes would be upset about what he was about to do; they should've kept track of their clothes in the first place.

Austin opened the two doors, and took out all of the colored clothes which consisted of jeans, t-shirts, and an occasional bra. He placed them on the counter, grabbed his damp clothes and paid for a thirty minute cycle, before continuing with the other machine. He opened the door, and began taking out small piles of the white clothes, which consisted of panties and bras, and some t-shirt this time.

When Austin was on the last small pile, Jesse walked in to see a random guy grabbing her undergarments. She immediately dropped her basket, and walked over to the guy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She yelled at him before grabbing her clothes he had in his hands.

She dumped them all into her basket, and walked to the counter to get the rest of her things.

"You just left them there, and I needed a dried." Austin argued back, he flailed his arms a little, too.

"You can't just do that." Jesse didn't know what else to say.

"I can if you leave your stuff unattended." Austin argued back.

Jesse only scoffed at the stranger, and collected her things. "Stop snooping around people stuff." She called out before leaving, and flipping him off.

Austin only sighed, shook his head, and continued loading his clothes into the now available machine. He'd never seen the girl around, but then again, he'd only lived here a few months. If she hadn't been such a bitch, Austin might have even asked for her name, or even her number.

Instead of thinking about it, Austin finished putting his clothes to dry, and walked back upstairs to tell Alex what had just happened in the laundromat.

___

/ Author's Note \

Oh, yay, a new fan fic. This story is what will replace "All Of Your Secrets" and I hope you enjoy this one. The other one was a little too much for me to write, and I didn't want to go back to that, so I hope you all understand.

Any ways, I hope you all spread the word, AND PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT !!

Also listen to the song on the top b/c it's so cute and reminds me of this story and oh god, yes. :-) HAVE A GOOD DAY!

selfish-machines