Nineteen: Think I'm gonna be alone

Evelyn's POV

I was sitting in my car, thinking whether to get out or not.

I was back in the school today. I haven't seen or heard from Blake or Amy since then. She said she would bring my t-shirt whenever she gets time.

There was a knock on my window, making me jump. I looked out and saw Amy pressing her face on the glass, looking funny. I gave her a smile and opened the door, finally getting out of the car.

She quickly pulled me in a hug.

"I haven't seen you since the party night. I missed you so much." She said with a puppy face. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want?" She giggled and held my hand.

"Answers. Why is Blake acting weird since the party night? What did your dad need you for? How are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Let's go to the classes before we get late, okay?" She frowned but said nothing and we walked in the school.

••••

I opened my locker's door and placed my books in. As I turned, I saw Blake coming towards Luke's locker where he was currently standing. His gaze caught mine, his eyes softened. None of us looked away for a moment before he did with a sigh and turned, walking away.

I sighed and turned to my locker again.

"What the hell is going on?" Amy questioned. I shook my head.

"Nothing." I walked to my classes.

At lunch, I was sitting in the corner of the room, alone with my lunch. Suddenly Amy popped out of nowhere and looked at me with a heavy sigh.

"Seriously? What's wrong with you and Blake? You have been avoiding each other since morning and are not even smiling at eachother." She sat with her face in her hands as her elbows rested on the table.

"Why don't you ask him?" I said, looking back at my food.

"Because I'm not his best friend. I'm yours, duh." She said as a matter of fact. I sighed and looked at her before looking away.

"We.....are not on good term now." I answered. She became serious all of a sudden and looked at me in a bit of confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"We had....an argument and we....called this thing off. We weren't official anyway." I shrugged.

"What- when did this even happened?" She asked impatiently.

"That night of game. At the party."

"So you came back because of the fight you had and not because your dad needed you?" I nodded but frowned. That's all she got from the small conversation. "You know what? I'm mad at you for lying to me and not telling about this. But, I'm super duper mad at you for breaking up with Blake." She whisper yelled.

I rolled my eyes.

"We were never together to break up." She sighed and ate my food with me.

"Tell me everything." And I started.

"Well, I realised that he was always closed off with me, never even told me if he liked me and didn't even ask me on a date-"

"Then you should have asked him out. That's a really stupid reason for breaking up." Amy rolled her eyes.

"That's not it. Then, Rebecca-" I started but she cut me off again.

"Rebecca!? Fucking Rebecca?! I should have known she's the bitch behind your fight."

"No, Amy. Listen to me first. Rebecca told me that Blake and she dated a few years back. Then one night they had sex and the very next morning, he broke up with her. I don't wanna be thrown away like that. I don't wanna be someone's toy." I looked down at the floor.

"Oh. But, maybe you should have talked to him about this first. Maybe you're special to him and not like Rebecca." She suggested.

"He was the one who brought up the idea of making it over." I whispered.

"Oh." Was all she said.

••••

Blake's POV

Evelyn and I have been avoiding each other since we saw each other near the lockers. Though we had the next class, chemistry together, I don't think I will join.

Hmm.

She was sitting on the last table which was exactly in front of me. She looks so beautiful today.

Who am I kidding? She's always beautiful.

"Dude...." I was snapped out of my daze when Luke came and sat in front of me with his lunch. Isn't he supposed go be with his girlfriend? I looked back at Evelyn's table and saw Amy sitting with her.

Oh.

"Duuuuddddeeee." He dragged. I narrowed my eyes on him.

"What?"

"What's going on between you and Evelyn? Did something happen?" He asked in concern. I nodded my head.

"Yeah.."

"Oh, well, you wanna talk?" He asked.

"I don't know...at the party that night, when I went to dance with her, she won't let me touch her. She was pushing me away and she has never done this before. Then I saw she was drunk, so I brought her out of the club, wanting to take her back to the hotel. But then she started saying stuff like- I never cared about her and she even said that I was just looking for good fuck." I frowned.

I had always cared about her.

And I never just wanted her body, I wanted her.

"And then?"

"We just....broke up, I guess." I muttered but he still heard.

"I'm sorry, bro. I don't know what's the real reason she said this but, that night, I saw her sitting with Rebecca for a very long time. I think she told her some things." Luke said with frown on his face too.

"I think so. Maybe I should talk to her." I said.

"Evelyn? That's a very good idea." He smiled.

"No, Rebecca I mean. I'll talk to her and ask what she said to Evelyn." Luke frowned again.

"No, don't you think you should talk to Evelyn straight? That way, you won't make things worse than they already are. That is, if you want to go back with her, or have you given up?"

"I don't know."

"Then do something about it." With that he got up and left. The bell rang and I went to my class too. Without eating my lunch.

••••

At class, Evelyn was sitting on the first desk while I was on the last. I didn't even know what was going on. After the class had finished, she walked out and didn't look back. I saw her getting in her car and then maybe she drove home.

I sighed.

I don't think there's anything I can do.

The next day,

"Dear students, there are two months left for you finals and one and a half month for your prom. If anyone wants to help in the decors for prom, they can and it will be appreciated. But in the meanwhile, do study for your exams too. Have a good day." The principal announced.

Everyone sighed and some of the girls squealed.

I think I'm gonna be alone at this prom.