chapter nine

chapter nine | the happily ever after part ii

"You're glowing." Charlie said as he positioned himself behind me.

I smiled.

"It's almost time." I said.

A forcefield appeared and surrounded the stream.

"Don't touch the forcefield." I said as I panted, and then my stomach started to glow a little.

It had been two hours of agony already, I just wanted her out so the pain would end but I also wanted her safe and sound, too, and in my arms.

Charlie rubbed soothing circles on my back. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked up to him nervously.

"Yes, just nervous." I answered.

"You can do this. I can't even imagine the pain you're in." He said, smiling softly, he tucked some sweaty hair behind my ear. "You ready?" He asked.

"Yes, I want to meet her." I replied.

I took his hand.

Then the water started bubbling.

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

I smiled.

Then Anahita appeared in her woman-shaped construct of water, wearing

"Don't worry, everyone; this is Anahita, she is going to deliver the baby." I said.

"Hello, my Queen." Anahita said as she bowed her head to me.

"It's nice to see you, Anahita." I said.

"I see you have found your mate. I'm proud that our clan will be restored." Anahita said.

Charlie blushed.

"He's a shy one." I told Anahita.

I whimpered as another contraction approached, letting Charlie hold me until it passed.

"It's almost time." Anahita said as she started chanting.

The ground shook as Anahita summoned the spirits of the women of our clan to witness and bless the birth of my daughter and the next queen of our clan.

"You're really going all out for this birth." Charlie said.

"It's a norm." I said.

"My Queen." The women all said as they bowed their heads.

I nodded.

"Thank you all for be present. I know we have suffered but with the birth of my daughter; this will also be the rebirth of our clan." I said.

"It's time." Anahita said.

I nodded and started pushing.

I gripped Charlie's hands and screamed "Oh God!", preparing to push for the first time.

My eyes snapped open, glowing as my mouth fell open.

Sweat started dripping from my skin, my hand crushing Charlie's hand.

Collapsing back onto Charlie, I trembled and panted, encouraged by the supportive words of everyone around me.

Then I pushed again.

I pushed for over half an hour before Anahita announced the she could see the baby's head. That motivated me to keep pushing through my agony.

I collapsed again against Charlie, shaking and crying.

"Charlie." I whimpered.

"Keep going, sweetheart. You're doing so well." He said as he cradled me in his arms, wiping some sweaty hair from my face.

"Keep pushing." Anahita said.

I pushed harder, the pain excruciating.

"I know the pain is awful, but you need to keep pushing." Anahita said, encouraging me.

I gave it everything I had.

"The head is out." Anahita said, and then there was a blinding light and we heard a baby crying.

When the light disappered Anahita was in bed holding my baby girl in her arms.

"What will you name her?" Anahita asked me.

"Aiyana Kateri." I answered with a smile.

Anahita nodded.

"Our clan has welcomed and witnessed the birth of Aiyana Kateri. May we bless her abundantly with great joy, good health, happiness and prosperity. May our ancestors always guide you as you embark on this fantastic journey, Aiyana." Anahita said as she handed  Aiyana over to me.

"You did it." Charlie said as we looked down at Aiyana in my eyes.

Aiyana opened her eyes and I smiled.

"Hi, I'm your mommy." I said to her.