Chapter 3

We ended up watching Knives Out and loving every second of it. 

"When he had the fake knife at the end!" Brooklyn said excitedly.

"No, no, no! When she threw up and you knew she lied!!" Damon said with animation in his icy eyes.

"All of you have it wrong! The best part is her mug at the end and how the whole family has to leave and it's all for her!" I said, lifting my chin up as if looking down on the people trying to steal my fortune. That is, if I had a fortune to steal...

"Wish that was you, don't you My?" Caleb teased. "You'd have to drag Damon away from his precious car first." 

"I could manage," I said sassily.

"Oh yeah?" Damon teased, jumping over me and giving me a chance to retract my answer.

"Yes!" I sneered, before shrieking as his hands came at me and started tickling me.

"Dominic, help!" I screamed, shoving myself as far between his back and the couch that I could. Dominic stood and let him at me, but announced to the room "That was amazing, but we should probably sleep now. We all have school tomorrow." 

We collectively groaned and Dominic laughed.

"It's only for a couple more weeks and then it's Thanksgiving break!" he said cheerfully.

After talking for a couple more minutes, we filed out of the room. I was the last to leave and go up the stairs until Damon grabbed the hood of my jacket and yanked me back.

"Hey, My, when's your birthday?" he asked forcefully, out of nowhere. 

I smiled curiously. "That's random! Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. The birthday in the movie got me thinking. We've celebrated everyone's birthday already this year but yours hasn't come up yet," He explained. "So, when is it?"

I bit my lip and tried to think.

"Umm... I'm not entirely sure."

His eyes bugged out a little, but he carefully controlled his expression. His eyes flicked to the wall and back to me like he was thinking.

I rushed to explain.

"I mean, I know I have a birthday, I just never really celebrated," I said. "I guess I forgot when it was after a while."

Little lines on his forehead appeared and his smile became very controlled.

"Okay. No worries. We can talk about it later." He said, pushing my shoulders around and encouraging me to walk up the stairs.

Once we reached my room, I turned to him.

"No nightmares from the mystery movie, okay?" I said slyly.

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "If you have any, you can come into my room. But don't you dare wake me up."

He gave me a look that ran a little electric current of fear through my stomach. I knew at this point that he wasn't going to hurt me, but he could still be intimidating.

"I would never," I replied innocently. "I know you need all the beauty sleep you can get."

And with that I ran into my room and jumped into bed, praying that he wouldn't chase me in.

I heard his chuckle in the hall before his bedroom door closed behind him.

- - - - - - - 

A/N: More coming soon I promise! I just have to write it!