♡ 3 ♡

♡ ♥ You senses were greeted by the Nether harshly.

The first thing you noticed was the scent of ash, like the world you had entered once caught fire. The air around you seemed thin, and it took you a moment to catch your breath.

The warped song of the portal faded as you walked out, purple magic licking at your skin with the chill of the overworld you left behind. Your heart was still thumping as you stumbled out of the portal, strange red earth was spread under you shaky figure. There was no sun to greet you- The Nether seemed to have bundles of glowing stone on the roof of the red world you were in, a warm yellow that seemed to match the glow of lava flowing below.

You hardly noticed where you were going as you kept running, entering the parallel world of the Nether. The imperial guard could come through that portal at any moment, and you didn't wish to die yet.

Running away from the main path, the world became less touched by civilization and more wild. The ground became uneven, and you should have been more aware of the cliffs that ended abruptly. You didn't act fast enough, sliding right over the edge and onto a different level of the Nether, right next to a lake of lava.

You cringed as the heat blistered your skin, quickly moving away from the lava that guaranteed you pain. Backing up, the world around you changed from the crimson red to an alien blue, turning around to see twisted trees littered with shining blue leaves. The trees seemed out of place in a world such as this- and it would have left you breathless if it wasn't for the demon screech of the other creature that joined you.

A large pig-like creature with tusks jaggedly pointed protruded from its lower lips, its snout nearly as large as its body; its black hair stood on its back as it growled in a warning. White eyes burning anger as its head jerked forward, nearly sending you back in the lava. Swiftly jumping to the side, you hid behind a tree and breathed, beginning to feel the adrenaline in you begin to run out.

As you weaved through the trees, the foliage glittered under the dark lighting of the Nether. The blue grass you walked along was much drier than back in the overworld, but what did you expect from a world that was unable to sustain nothing but lava?

Looking above you occasionally, you could see different levels of the Nether that held slimes, skeletons, bows ready in hand, and creatures that walked in the lava as if it didn't burn them. You could see Piglins stalking the areas above you, unsure with what they were looking for, or protecting. You tried to stray away from the lava while making considerable distance away from the Nether portal you had originally arrived from. It had been going alright until you heard a pained cry, and the sound of fire crackling above you.

Your eyes looked up to see a flaming ball coming towards you.

The skin on your upper arm screamed in pain with new blisters as you failed to avoid the flying creatures attacks. Looking at it, it was seemingly weeping until it opened its mouth and spat out another flaming ball. You were quick to avoid that one, and ran through the trees with your hand clutching your shoulder. The blue trees fading back into the red stone you had first encountered. Looking behind you, the creature had seemed to lose sight of you, instead floating away to mind its own business once more.

Your heart was beating against your chest as you hunched over, catching your breath. Whether it was all the running, or maybe it was the heat, but exhaustion was beginning to sink into your bones. You felt as if the heat was melting your bones into jelly, causing you to fall to the ground. Grunting, you felt your arms shake as your eyes welled with tears. You were only trying your best to help Ranboo grow up to have a better life than you, so why did you get sent to literal hell for just trying to help? Why did you get screwed over?