You're not my friend

➳Hi yall today's stream was crazy. Take this Ranboob angst. I didn't have anyone beta read this so I'm sorry if it sucks.

TW: Gaslighting, manipulation, minor character death? (Ranboo's family dies but it is not elaborated on) 

---➳

"How are you feeling?" A soft voice asked.

Ranboo's red and green eyes snapped into focus. Hovering over him was a white porcelain mask with a smiley face hand-drawn on it. Ranboo stared up at it.

"God?" Ranboo asked.

"No, no, no, it's me silly!" The man said.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Yeah... I'm your best friend."

Ranboo shook his head, trying to remember. "I um... don't remember you."

"Oh, well I'm sure those memories will come back in no time." The man said. "My name is Dream. Remember?"

Dream... That name sounded familiar. He must know Dream.

"I guess we are best friends if you say so," Ranboo said sitting up. To his horror, he was in a hospital bed. His skin hurt. "What happened?"

"You were in a car crash, and you were the only survivor." Dream explained.

"How?"

Dream gave Ranboo a pitiful smile. "You teleported out of there."

Oh yeah, my powers. Perks of being half enderman.

"Who died?" Ranboo hesitantly asked. He wasn't sure if he wanted an answer.

"Your mother, father, little brother, and little sister."

Ranboo froze and his heart dropped. His entire family, gone like that. He started sobbing. He didn't remember any of them. He didn't remember...

"Shhhhh... calm down Ranboo. It's not your fault that you weren't strong enough to save them." Dream whispered.

"I COULD HAVE SAVED THEM!" Ranboo screamed.

Dream patted Ranboo's back. "There, there, there's nothing you can do about it now, it's time to move on." He whispered.

Every word on Dream's tongue stung Ranboo. He knew it was not his fault, but as Dream said... he could have saved everyone if he was stronger. If only he was better at using his powers.

"Say, when my father died I felt guilty too. Ya know what I did, I changed that grief into working on my fighting skills. Maybe you would feel better if you practiced teleporting more." Dream said.

Ranboo thought about this. It made sense. This way nothing like this could ever happen again.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. When I'm fully recovered I can start practicing more."

"You're gonna wait until you're fully recovered? Ranboo, you need to get a head start on this. The more time you spend in this hospital bed the guilter you'll feel, you know that. As your friend, I'm just sayin' that you should start training now. I would hate to see you spiral into a depression."

"But I'm still a bit hurt-"

"Your parents and siblings were probably in pain when they died. At least you are in less."

"Yeah... I should be thankful for that," Ranboo said. He didn't like that what Dream was saying was making sense.

"Exactly! I'm glad I could help you sort that out Ranboo. Let's start training tonight ok? Meet me at Eret's castle."