chapter 3

STEELING HER NERVES, she finally sighed and turned around, letting out a groan,"Not this again

STEELING HER NERVES, she finally sighed and turned around, letting out a groan,"Not this again."

But they weren't focued on her words. All their eyes were focused on the wounds on her face and they were all watching them with varying degrees of worry and anger.

She knew walking towards the door was of no use so she didn't try. She, however, did glance at the kitchen window. She had climbed it down once when her door had gotten stuck and she could do it again. She just had to make it quick and climb carefully before-

"Our men are standing there as well." A voice spoke and Zara snapped her gaze to look at the guy sitting on a chair who had just spoken. He was wearing a smart jacket over a white button down and looked the most sincere. "They have surrounded the building so there is no point of running." He smiled.

Zara gulped,"I wasn't thinking of it." She totally was, but they didn't need to know that.

"How did you get these wounds?" The guy sitting on the other chair asked. He was dressed in a denim jacket with a black shirt and his eyes were trained intently on the blood on her chin.

Zara glared at him,"None of your buisness." She hissed.

"Of course its our buisness." The guy sitting on the floor commented with a small smile. Out of all the guys, he looked the youngest and the most relaxed. He didn't look much older than her and was dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans.

"Why?" Zara smiled sarcastically,"Do you wanna learn how many punches exactly lead to a split lip?"

The guy's smile vanished and instead a bothered look came over his face. Before he could speak though, one of the guys sitting on the couch spoke up.

"Who did this?" He was dressed in a black button down and his lip was pierced. He looked genuinely angry but Zara was even more angry.

"Why don't you ask the man you most probably sent after me? He was also following someone's order just like that dude there." She gestured towards the door with her thumb.

"We didn't send anyone." The last guy on the couch commented while raising an eyebrow. He was dressed in something similar to the guy on the floor and looked genuinely worried for her.

Zara rubbed her temples,"Sure you didn't." She mumbled, an ache starting to form in her head. She hadn't had anything since a toast for breakfast this morning and she was genuinely feeling hungry. Hunger combined with her situation had started to form a headache.

"Why don't you sit down?" The guy on the recliner suggested, or rather demanded. Unlike others, he was dressed in a sleek black suit and looked the most serious. It didn't take her long to figure out he was in charge here.

He gestured towards the empty chair next to the denim jacket guy.

"And risk getting stabbed? No thanks." She said and leaned against the kitchen counter instead, folding her arms over her chest.