Chapter 44

This should be the second chapter I've published today. I'm really trying to make up for my disappearance. Even though barely anyone reads my book but you know. 

Also can I just state that everyone is 16 and turning 17 this academic year. 

~No POV~

Everyone is clearly surprised as to who enters the room.

It's Gabriel Agreste, the man who hasn't left his house for over a decade.

It's Audrey Abadie, the famous female fashion designer who is now Paris' mayor.

and lastly,

It's Chloe Abadie-Bourgeois who survived an abuser and came out stronger than ever. 

Three of Paris' most important people. 

And obviously Adrien.

"I will not have you give my son a detention for righting a wrong." Mr Agreste breaks the silence.

"Injustice against a student who's done nothing wrong." Miss Abadie joined in.

Miss Mendeleiev stood there speechless, in fear and shock. Two of the most powerful people in Paris are now standing in front of her and could get her fired or even imprisoned. 

"You are to move Adrien to sit next to Marinette." Gabriel demanded.

"And you are to take the detentions off." Audrey commanded.

Adrien and Chloe looked at each other and smiled. They promised that they wouldn't get their parents to do this ever again unless it was necessary. But anyways, their plan worked. 

The two adults left, leaving two smug students, a surprised class, a fearful teacher, an angry liar and a grateful girl in the back.

Adrien went and sat next to Marinette. 

"Thank you thank you thank you!" She hugged Adrien tightly in gratitude. 

Miss Mendeleiev wanted to tell Mari to focus and give her an unnecessary detention but she was terrified to.

After a minute, Mari let go and zoned out, as she usually does in her extremely boring classes. As she did, Adrien stared at his girlfriend. Well, his secret identity's secret-girlfriend. He admired her beauty and her bravery. He couldn't believe that after everything, she was still here. 

He smiled, proud of the woman sitting next to her. 

It was now Friday. Mari was allowed to go to Adrien's house to do their project and boy was Adrien excited. He loved seeing Marinette. As Chat Noir, he would usually visit during the night, which meant that Adrien would see Mari three times that day.

Boy was he whipped. 

Marinette walked over to the large intimidating gates of the Agreste Mansion. She didn't exactly have good memories here. At this mansion, 7 years ago, she found out that her father was murdered.

Tikki flew out of Mari's purse and punched her hand. She's a tiny little kwami, so clearly her punches don't hurt Mari. They soothe her.

"It's okay Mari." The ladybug kwami whispered to her, and flew back into the purse.

Nathalie watched as Marinette began panicking. She knew why. She was ready to leave and calm her down but suddenly the teenager already had. She didn't think much of it and let the girl in after she rung the doorbell. 

The moment Marinette walked in she began to tear up. After years, she had finally seen Nathalie once again. The woman who had given her more love in a day than her new step-family had.

Love is Pain ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara