Chapter-8

Okay. This chapter is a bit long and i hope it won't be boring for you guys. I hope you enjoy. ♡♡♡

________________________________

Time skip.3 years later:

Brett woke up due to sound of his mother except it was not due to the usual sound of her cooking, it was something else that he knew it was worsening over the past months. Without wasting time, he ran down the stairs but what he saw was horrific.

He saw his mother coughing up blood!!

Brett ran besides her and hold her up.

"Mom! Mom!!" Brett cried

"Bre- *coughs*, Brett, honey, calm down. I need you to call the ambulance" she tried to calm down Brett.

"Okay, wa- wait" Brett grabbed the phone in the kitchen but when he came back, his mother was lying on the floor, blood smothered her pale face, unconscious.

.

.

Eddy was waiting for Brett at school. Time was almost up.

Typical Brett, must have overslept again. Always late.- Eddy thought.

He knew Brett was never a morning person, he never liked morning walks and exercises. Eddy would always have to drag Brett out of his bed.

Usually Brett would come rushing in, 15 minutes late. Even the teachers would just excused him. He laughed at his own thought.

But 45 minutes had passed, but Brett was nowhere to be seen. Even the teacher was surprised, Brett was never absent before.

"Eddy, is Brett sick? Why didn't he come to school?" the teacher asked.

"I don't know Miss. I will check on him after school" Eddy answered.

.

.

After school, Eddy rushed to Brett's house.

Is Brett sick? Is it because all the bubble teas? - Eddy wondered.

Eddy reached Brett's house but it was locked. He tried calling on Brett's cell but he didn't pick it up. He tried calling Brett's mom but it was switched off.

Now, Eddy was really worried. He knew Brett was not a social butterfly but he could at least tell him, he was his best friend after all. But he remembered Brett still keeps his secrets that Eddy would never dare to ask again, at that Eddy felt a pang in his heart.

He went home and sighed hoping everything would be the usual on the next day.

.

.

Brett sat near his mother who was sleeping, he knew his mother was hiding something from him but he never thought this would be it. He felt lost, he felt lonely but worst of all, he felt powerless, again.

Brett just stared at his mother, he was exhausted. How can they afford all those bills, but if working was the only way to save his mom, then so be it. The 15 year old boy was ready to work his butts off in order to save his mother.

Just then, his mom opened her eyes.

"Mom!"

"I'm sorry, honey." She smiled

"Why?...... Why didn't you tell me, mom? That you have cancer ? Mom?? I cannot lose you too!! I...I ...I cannot, please Mom.." Brett cried, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Shhh..shhh.. Brett, don't cry. I'm sorry son. But I just didn't know that it would spread this fast."

"Mom, I will work. Don't worry about the bills. Just concentrate on getting better, okay? I can't live without you, mom" He cried.