Chapter 79: Sorry

Chen Xinyu looked at her eyes.

She thought for a while then began, "I think it's Dr. Fu who felt it's not good to message you, after all, he's still at work. It would be improper, and maybe that's it."

"Is that so?" Ji Qingying was dubious.

"Yes."

Chen Xinyu reached out and patted her on the shoulder, "Don't think too much. It's not a big deal."

 She said with a smile, "If you feel embarrassed, just apologize."

Ji Qingying nodded, "Yeah, I apologized."

"......"

Chen Xinyu again had trouble deciding between laughter or tears. So she replied with a smile, "That's right. You are such a smart and sensible beauty. No one will be willing to be angry with you." 

This was a fact.

Without talking about Fu Yanzhi, even Chen Xinyu couldn't help her.

In her memory, Ji Qingying did a lot of stupid things when they were young and occasionally landed the pair in an unspeakable dilemma.

Every time, the first thing she would do was to apologize.

Even if it was a small mistake, she still behaved in the same manner. Because of this, even if Chen Xinyu was angry, she wouldn't really bicker with her.

The most she could do was to feel helpless.

"Stop talking about it."

Chen Xinyu looked at her, "Since you came to see me, how about we go and have a meal together in the evening?"

Ji Qingying nodded, "Okay."

She glanced at the time, "You don't need to go back to work?"

"No."

Chen Xinyu said, "I just came downstairs after filling a field order."

[TL/N: A Field Order – s an order from the owner to the contractor to perform a change in the work prior to an agreement on the cost and/or additional time. It allows the owner to proceed with the change even though the contractor has not agreed on price and/or time.

Basically, Chen Xiyue be skipping work with no worries about any trouble. XD]

"......"

Although Chen Xinyu's enlightenment did not work very well, after eating the hot pot, Ji Qingying was in a much better mood.

She thought, if she really loses brownie points with Fu Yinzhi because of this matter, then she would have to try and make up for it

Basically, she needs to straighten herself out with her actions for teasing him in the hospital.

After arriving home, Ji Qingying looked at her cell phone and only to see that she didn't receive a reply from Fu Yanzhi.

She put down her phone away sorrowfully and went to shower.

Just as she came out she heard the doorbell ring.

Ji Qingying was quite startled and held on to her towel. She slowly walked towards the door and looked out through the cat's eye.

After seeing who was standing outside, she quickly opened the door.

She looked up at the man who suddenly appeared, somewhat surprised.

"You.."

 The words "how come you're—" came to the tip of her lips, but were pressed back.

"You just got off work?"

She took in his appearance and saw that the clothes on Fu Yanzhi, were the same ones he wore during the lunch break.

He simply nodded in reply.

In the afternoon, a patient had been brought in from another local hospital under emergency suffering from sudden chest pain.

The examination results showed a severe A-aortic dissection was needed. It was among the most dangerous cases under cardiothoracic emergencies and required prompt surgery.

The situation was serious, and the director of Cardiology had been directly dispatched.

Fu Yanzhi had entered the operating room as a second knife assistant.

When the operation was over, he came straight here.

He lowered his head as he stared at the person in front of him.

She had just taken a bath and hadn't had time to blow-dry her hair. The fragrance of shower gel lingered on her body.

It had an aromatic and sweet hint of flavor and smelled good.

His gaze stayed on her face for a moment, then he quickly moved it away.

"During the afternoon......"

"Sorry."

They both spoke up at the same time.

Fu Yanzhi was startled as he looked at her, "Sorry? Why?"

Ji Qingying pursed her lips while looking down at her toes and said, "During the afternoon in the hospital, I had just woken up and didn't consider thinking that you were at work."

She said, "I'm sorry."

Fu Yanzhi's eyes narrowed looking at the top of her head that was in his view. He paused for a moment and asked, "En, After that?."