NARRATIVE CHAPTER: ANSEL

ANSEL — palawan scene

I ran like hell.

I didn't stop running until I reached her hotel room. I didn't pause to catch my breath. I immediately pulled out my phone and ignored the white spots I was seeing in my vision as I sent her a text.

To hell if I fainted, as long as her face was the last thing I saw.

Ansel: I'm here

Chie: What

Ansel: Outside

Chie: Outside where?

I knocked on the hotel door that Samu told me she was currently staying in. I was gonna kill him if this wasn't hers and I was knocking on a stranger's door.

Ansel: Your hotel suite

Chie: That was you knocking?!

Ansel: Yeah, can I see you?

Chie: You're really here in Coron?!

A small smile played on my lips.

Ansel: Open the door and you'll find out

Not even a minute later, Chie opened the door (Samu's life was spared), while I tried to catch my breath and calm down my erratically beating heart. She continued to stare at me while I did so. Her pink hair was in a bun on top of her head, she was in a loose shirt and boxer shorts. She looked ready for bed.

Fuck, she was pretty.

"Hi," I finally said.

She blinked, like she didn't believe what she was seeing. "You're really here."

I nodded. "I am."

"How?"

"By plane."

"Why?"

"Going by the sea would've taken too long."

The corner of her lips twitched and I thought she was gonna laugh, but she composed herself and crossed her arms instead. Same old tough Chie.

"Why are you here, Ansel?"

This is it.

My jaw clenched and I looked her in the eye. "To get my girl back."

She just stared at me for the longest fucking time. She didn't say anything. We only stood there like two speechless poles. I was starting to feel like an idiot.

Ah, to hell with it.

I started to go down on my knees.

Her eyes widened in panic. "What're you doing?"

"Whatever it takes," I simply said.

Chie's eyes softened at the tiniest bit before she shook her head, looked down the hallway, and hissed, "Don't cause a scene. Come inside, and we'll talk."

I swiftly got to my feet and entered her room, which I was pretty sure had the view of the sea just the way she liked it. I couldn't see it now, though, because it was in the middle of the night.

Her room was pretty neat. It didn't look quite lived in, but I noticed her things were scattered in a way that didn't look messy.

"Okay." Chie faced me. "Talk."