Chapter 19

"Jimmy," my mom's voice voice shakes, "He didn't make it, honey. I am so sorry."

"What?" I say, "What does it mean?"

"Jimmy died, honey," she begins to cry, "He... He bumped his head too hard and it was just too late, and he died on the spot."

"No!" I shout, "No, mom! He was talked to me the crash. He told me to hold on. He was holding my hand! Are you sure? Did you really check? It is not possible! You should check again! Mom will you check again please?"

I begin to shout frantically, which made my mom cried even harder.

"I'm so sorry, honey..." she sobs.

Watching her cry like that, I realize it is true. Jimmy is gone.

Jimmy is gone.

My Jimmy.

Jimmy who I was gonna marry.

I feel my eyes closing again.

"Doctor! What's going on? Pamela! Pamela!" my mom cries, "Doctor she's fainting! Is she okay?"

I hear the machine makes loud noises. And amidst all that, I heard Jimmy shouting "hold on!" somewhere. Somewhere far. Before it went pitch black again.

***

"You know what came across my mind when I first saw you?"

It was exactly one year after the Taylor Swift concert. Jimmy insisted it to be our first anniversary, so he booked us a nice dinner at the classic Russian Tea Room.

"No. What?" I ask

"I thought, this girl would make me happy. Then I saw you danced, and I was convinced, and I said to myself, I want to be part of her life."

"Oh, that's very cheesy," I giggle. "Did you rehearse that before we came here?"

"No I'm serious," he says, "Right at that very moment, I knew I had to be part of your life."

"And...? How is it going for you then, so far?"

"It's a delight," he says, "Loving you is such a delight."

I woke up and found the pillowcase soaked in tears. Apparently I have been crying, even while I was fainting. The room was dark and I don't see any sign of my mom. I also feel utterly weak, and my body feels like it's been punched all over.

I turn my head and scan the room, trying to find my mom. I saw a man sitting on the couch, his eyes closed. I couldn't see his face clearly because it's dark, but from the figure of him....

"Will?" I say.

He jumps and opens his eyes. He rushes to my bedside. "Hi," he touches my forehead, "How are you feeling?"

"What are you doing here?"
"I came as soon as I heard," he says, "Pamela, I am so sorry for your loss."

Hearing him saying sorry reminds me of Jimmy again. That's right, Jimmy is dead.

I start crying again. He climbs up my bed and lies beside me, resting my head on his chest.

"Cry," he says, "Let it all out."

I cry harder.

***

BREAKING NEWS: The Tonight Show Host, Jimmy Fallon, Died in a Fatal Car Accident

The man who we all have grown to love, Jimmy Fallon, host of the high-rating The Tonight Show, has died in a car accident. Fallon, and his girlfriend, Pamela Pollak, were driving in a highway just outside New York, when their car hit another car that was toppled in the middle of the road.