Prologue

"Sweetie, Are you okay? Do you need anything?" My mom asked me as I sat in bed sipping a glass of cold water before bed.

"No mama. I'm okay. I'm a big girl like you." I said crawling under the covers of the bed.

"Okay princess. Don't forgt to cuddle with Mr. Fluffers." My mom teased as she held out my teddy bear to me. I giggled as she kissed my head. "You go to sleep now princess."

She patted my head and stood to leave but I reached for her hand and tugged lightly.

"Mommy, will you tell me a bed time story?" I asked as I stuck out my bottom lip.

"Fine." She sighed crawling under the covers next to me as I cuddled into her side. "You have to promise to go to sleep after this though."

I nodded my head eagerly making her slightly laugh.

"Once upon a time there was a little wolf. She lived with her mommy and daddy until she was big and strong. When she was finally old enough, she went out into the world alone. For weeks she had no one to talk to and she got very lonely. But one day the Moon Goddess saw the wolf crying and asked what was the matter. When she told the Moon Goddess of her loneliness, the Moon Goddess felt very sad for the young wolf. She told the wolf to give her three days. She said that on the third day at sunset she will return and she will never have to be lonely ever again-"

"Did the Moon Goddess become her best friend and stay with her so she wasn't lonely?" I interrupted tiredly rubbing my eyes.

"You'll have to wait and see." She smiled and kissed my forehead as I nuzzled my head on her shoulder. "So... where was I? Oh yes! So the young wolf waited those three days for the Moon Goddess to come back. When she returned she wasn't alone. There was a young boy wolf with her-"

"Ew! Boys have cooties mommy!" I giggled as she rolled her eyes and chose to ignore me.

"The Moon Goddess said this will be your new friend. He will keep you safe, give you good company, and you will both love each other and would do anything for each other. The young wolf asked her what to call him and she smiled and said, 'call him your mate. I have chosen you to be together until you are old and frail. Now go and make the bond between you stronger.' And the Moon Goddess went back into the sky and watched as the two became close friends and fell in love. The end."

"That was a nice story mama." I yawned and hugged Mr. Fluffers to my chest. "Are mates real?"

"Yes sweetie. Your father and I are mates." She explained crawling out of the covers and tucking me back in.

"Will I have a mate too mommy?" I asked sleepily.

"Of course sweetie. When you get old enough you can go out and find him." She smiled.

I yawned one more time before closing my eyes one last time and drifted to sleep as mama kissed my head and went to her room.

"Kaylin." I heard faintly as I was about to fall asleep.

"Kaylin. Wake up." The voice said louder and I felt my shoulder being shaken.

I quickly sat up in my room taking deep breaths as I looked over to see Tate.

"What is it Tate?" I snapped rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry Luna but there are a group of rogues just outside the perimeter and we need your go ahead to take action." He said standing next to my bed keeping his eyes to the floor.

I sighed and motioned him to help me.

He slid his arm behind my back and under my knees lifting me off the warm bed and into the chilly air. He carefully set me in my chair and pulled a blanket over my bare legs before rolling me to my bathroom where I looked at myself in the mirror. The scar across my face was still as hideous as it had been since the day I got it and my right eye was still completely white. I put on my eye patch and ran my fingers over the scar. It ran from my forehead to my chin and deformed my face as it went. I sighed and motioned for Tate who quickly rolled me to my office. My Head Warrior, Blake, was standing with two of his best men, Cody and Lucas. When Tate wheeled me into the room they all kneeled in respect but I chuckled and swatted at Blake playfully.

Luna In A Wheelchairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें