↳ CHAPTER TEN

-REUNITING-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act i)

-REUNITING-———————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act i)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE TWO CHILDREN reached a place full of many creatures and tents coloured with red and yellow. Outside the furthest tent was a large lion. Emily and Edmund got off the centaurs back and walked towards Aslan. They both bowed down.

"Welcome, Edmund and Emily. We must have a discussion." Aslan welcomed them both. The two glanced at each other before following after Aslan.

Aslan gave them their talk and Emily could tell Edmund was feeling guilty. It was mostly to Edmund. He didn't make eye contact with Aslan at all. He was ashamed.

While they were in the middle of their conversation when they heard a small voice shout both of their names from the bottom of the cliff. Emily looked down to see Lucy, Peter and Susan looking up at them. Peter pulled Lucy back from running up the cliff.

Aslan motioned them to go first down the cliff. They both walked down with their heads hung low. "What's done is done. There's no need to talk to either of them about what has past." Aslan spoke for them.

Aslan walked away looking at Emily, motioning for her to follow him. Emily quickly followed after the lion. She turned her head back to see Lucy run up to Edmund and hug him.

Emily faintly smiled, before turning back around and following Aslan to the tent she was staying in. Inside, there was a chest. She turned around to see that Aslan had disappeared. She walked over to the chest and gently lifted the lid.

Inside, was a beautiful, long-sleeved, purple dress. She lifted it out and held it against her body. She gasped at the dress. It looked like it would fit her. She put the dress down and then looked back inside the chest.

There was some armour and also some weapons. A bow and arrow and some daggers. Emily begged herself to try not to be her clumsy self and trip over and stab someone with them.

She changed into her dress and left her hair in it's natural curls and walked out the tent. When she got outside she could see Lucy, Susan and Edmund sat at a small round table and Peter with a cup leaning against a rock.

She walked over and sat down next to Edmund who was scoffing some toast into his mouth.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." Lucy reminded her brother. Edmund smirked at his younger sister, his mouth still full with toast.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." the four of them turn their heads towards Peter. "We're going back?" Susan asked, frowning at her brother.

"You guys are. I promised mum, I'd keep you three safe. And Emily, I want to keep you safe. Even if we've only just met." Peter explained sitting down next to Emily. "But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

"But they need us. All five of us." Lucy said. "Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund and Emily almost got killed." Peter reminded her.

"Which is why we have to stay." They all looked at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it." Edmund lowered his head at his last sentence.

Susan looked at him, sadly. Emily put her hand on his shoulder, gently stroking his shoulder. "And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." they all stayed quiet. "Well, I suppose that's it then." Susan stood up and walking over to her bow and arrows.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked her. "To get in some practice." she replied, smiling. "Ooh. I'm coming with." Emily stood up as well grabbing her bow and arrows and following after Susan.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Emily and Susan aimed their bows towards the middle of the target and they shot their arrows. Emily's on the edge of the bullseye and Susan's hitting a bit further away than Emily's. Lucy gasped at the two. Susan looked over at Emily, shocked.

Lucy took out her dagger and threw it towards the middle and it hit the bullseye right in the middle. The two older girls looked at her and laughed.

They then heard the sound of horses galloping. They watched as Edmund and Peter began practising fighting together. "Come on, Ed. Sword point up, like Oreius showed us."

"Peter, Edmund!" Edmund's horse stood up on his hind legs. "Woah, horsey!" "My name is Phillip." the horse corrected him. "Oh.. sorry." Edmund apologised, awkwardly. "What is it?" Emily came running over.

"The witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan." Mr. Beaver explained clearly out of breath. "She's on her way here." Emily looked at Edmund with fear in her eyes.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷