Chapter 1

Arlington, 2021

"Why are you here Rose? Shouldn't you be on your way home?" Jessie Said.

"You can't do this to me!"

"I can't do this to you? You brought this on yourself dear, Double or Nothing, that was the deal."

"But mom-"

"But mom what? You failed, there's no excuse for that."

"Did I fail though?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if you failed me on purpose, you were the one in charge of grading the paper so it's quite possible for you to tamper with it."

"And why would I do that for? If you actually studied you wouldn't need to make these excuses."

"And whose fault is that?"

"You are not getting less homework no matter how much you try, so why don't you go on so you can actually finish it by tomorrow."

Defeated, Rose left Jessie's office, 'Maybe now you will learn not to do things behind my back.'

Rose was walking towards her home, "I mean it's not that much," Ernie said, Ernie and Rose meet each other 2 years ago, Ernie was new in town, and didn't knew much about it, Rose, who lived couple of street away from him meet him when he lost his way, they been friends since then.

"It's for a week guys."

"We will help you, it will be over before you even know it," Ellen said, Ellen and Rose knew each other since they were 5, from same school to the same schoolbags, they were always together.

"Technically we always do half of your math homework's, Ow, what was that for?" Ernie asked as Ellen elbowed him.

"I, didn't knew that."

"Wait, seriously?"

"Yep, I thought you guys did like ¼ or something, half seems excessive since you guys need to do your homework as well."

"It's nothing, we can do your entire homewo-"

"No, no we aren't doing that much," Ernie interrupted, "Fine, I will do your entire homework if you want."

"I can do it guys, it's my punishment, I have to do it on my own, you guys just do the other homework for me."

"I need to go home, Dad asked me to help him with the shop."

"You are going to Florida this week right?"

"Next week, it's only for few days but mom has planned everything. I will see you guys tomorrow."

With that Ernie left, Ellen and Rose made their way towards Rose's home. It was just another house on the street of 1720 Overbrook Dr.

She got to the door, it was already open, remembering that her mom has said about some guest coming this week, and they already have the key of the house.

Rose got inside the home, the moment she stepped inside the home, her hands started to tremble, her legs started to shake, her heart started to go faster. She was having a panic attack.