ch. 10 | clueless

"but mommy why can't we stay here with daddy?" hiko whined with a face full of sadness as he slumped in his carseat.

you decided it was better to not answer and risk snapping at him.

when you ignored his question, he thought you hadn't heard him. "mommyy? lets stay, I wanna see daddy pla-"

"wakahiko, enough!" you raised your voice, cutting him off before he could repeat that awful word again.

the drive back home was completely soundless. you kept glancing at hiko through the rear view mirror of your car, watching him play with his shoes in silence. so many emotions were eating you up, you didn't know if you should feel angry or sad.

when you both entered your home, you decided to finally break the silence, "why'd you call him that?"

hiko looked up at you with a puzzled face, "who? da-"

"yes, him," you responded in an annoyed tone.

"OH! those people outside said that he was my dad! and all my friends have one.. so, I thought it would be fun to have my own daddy!" he said with a toothless smile, playing with his small hands.

your face immediately softened and you instantly felt bad for throwing such a fit. you realized that it wasn't his fault and he was just a clueless little kid.

although you mentally cursed yourself for going soft so soon, you bent down and pulled him into a hug, letting out a deep sigh. "im sorry for getting so mad at you."

he lightly giggled and placed a soft kiss on your cheek, hugging you back, "its okay, mama! I won't call him that anymore if it makes you mad- I think!"

you stayed like that for a couple of seconds until he heard a sniffle and pulled away to face you. "why're you crying, mommy?" he asked as he placed both of his hands on your cheeks and furrowed his eyebrows in concern.

"I am-?" you let out a breathy laugh, wiping your hot tears away with the back of your hand.

he cracked a small smile at your laugh, nodding.

"its okay! im good now, see?" you said as he examined your face, nodding again. you ruffled his olive-brown hair and stood up.

when hiko ran off to his playroom, you scrunched your face up as you remembered that everyone at the match witnessed hiko "confront" ushiwaka. how embarrassing.

ushijima sat on the bleachers, staring down at the ground while bouncing his leg up and down. he was so lost in thought that he didnt notice the practice match end, which says a lot for someone whos world revolves around volleyball and succeeding.

he tensed up and looked to his side when he felt someone place their arm around his brawny shoulder, sitting next to him, "how may I help you?"

"hey hey, no need to talk all formal with me! we're buddies now!" bokuto exclaimed as he held out a fist bump, only to be turned down by ushijima staring at his fist. "is that supposed to be a threat?" he asked, expressing the usual stoic face.

bokuto let out a hearty laugh. "you're a real funny guy, ushiwaka, y'know that?!"

ushijima just blankly nodded and removed bokuto's arm from his shoulder, becoming absorbed in thought again.

bokuto didn't move, but instead examined ushijimas features with his large, owl-like eyes. "y'know, your genes must be strong!"

ushijima just grunted in response.

unfortunately, bokuto mistook earlier as a sign of ushijima being a 'part of the family' now, and that you were just playing hard to get.

"y/n look kinda mad earlier.. you should go check up on her! I can give you her shop's address." bokuto suggested, wanting his ship to sail again.

"im not sure if that's appropriate. she seems to despise me, and I understand why," ushijima replied.

"psshhh, don't worry bro! she's probably just on her period or something.. y'know, woman problems!" bokuto waved his hand in the air, gesturing it to not be a big deal.

"i'd rather not bother her."

"okay but here, just in case," he stood up and placed your business card next to ushijima, walking away.

ushijima was deciding whether or not this would be a good idea, and wondering why bokuto casually carried your business card around at a volleyball tournament at the same time.

sorry for the month long delay :(

hello ?? bokuto promoting y/n ??

this chapter is so boring but dw next chapter is extra long to make up for it <33

- i also wanted to address two things -

1. I know, hiko is five and he shouldn't physically be able to handle/do all of these things at that age. its my mistake and tbh I just wanted ushi to be in schweiden adlers during most of the story, so I went with five. also, this is y/n and ushijima's child so obviously, he's a prodigy. if you want to imagine hiko as like a fourth grader, go ahead.

2. im fine with abortion comments about hiko, they're actually rly funny, but messaging me and asking why hiko wasn't deadass aborted is both embarrassing and annoying. you chose to read this story. its literally about y/n having a child with ushijima. wtf did u expect ??

anyways, THANK U SO MUCH FOR 64K !! WTF I LOVE U GUYS

reader supremacy 🛐🛐

if u guys ever have any questions or need someone to talk to, my messages and message board are always open ^^

comment & vote