Chapter Ten

They didn't really want a damaged child, did they?

My tears increased as did my breathing. I hugged my knees close to my chest. I've been so happy for once and now it's all getting torn apart.

I can't stay here any longer. I open the window that leads to the roof and I close it behind me, trying to hide the fact that I left that way.

I took a moment to admire the pretty clouds before climbing down the side of the house.

It was just like last time, nice seeming family, nice smiles, nice life. But then the hidden conversations about getting rid of me for various reasons.

I was too tired, I was too sad, I was too damaged.

I didn't try to run, it would be a while before they found out I had left anyway.

The first place they would look is the house so that would give me even more time. Should I even attempt to go back to the orphanage like last time?

No, I was done with that place.

It was just bad memories.

It was breezy out and a chill ran down my spine as I realized I was wearing next to nothing. I had the beanie I had just made with Wilbur, a thin shirt and some pants. I wasn't even wearing shoes.

Great, I am so prepared.

My sarcasm was great.

I took notice of a forest not too far from where I was so I set course.

The woods were always so welcoming. They had nice creatures and it was calm. No one could judge me there. No one could tell me that I wasn't enough. It was a safe haven.

I took my time adventuring before finding a small meadow like the one that Tommy and Tubbo took me to. The one where Uncle-no. The one where JSchlatt helped me with my panic attack.

I miss them.

No, they don't want me then I don't want them.

I made my way into the flowers and sat down. The blue orchids reminded me of Techno and the yellow daisies of Wilbur. I clutched my beanie tighter.

Was this a good decision?

Probably not but there was no going back now.

I laid down, the flowers covering me from the world.

I could sleep peacefully. No nightmares, no emotions bothering me for a little bit. Yeah.

That sounded nice.