Chapter 7 Bon Voyage

Sarge: Get these water cans cleaned up while we're gone. How much water do you need to drink, Donut?

The group was outside, preparing for their departure and fueling the Warthog and the Hornet.

Donut: I was in the desert, don't judge me!

Grif: Maybe we should learn from that and bring some water for ourselves.

Sarge: Nonsense, it'll just slow us down.

Grif: Slow us down more than dehydration? Or death. . . by dehydration.

Sarge: I don't know, smartass. Let's say we try! I'll kill ya, and then I'll dry ya out! Who wants Grif-jerky?

Caboose: Why would we have that when we have cookies?

Everyone was eating inside their helmets.

South: How the hell are these good?!

Kaikaina: Uh, Ruby's cooking's always been good.

South: No it wasn't!

Allison: Maybe her amnesia fixed her ability to make abominations?

Ruby: I feel attacked.

Sarge: Alright, let's get going. Everybody packed?

Caboose: Yep.

Grif: Where's your stuff?

Caboose: Oh, I only carry a washcloth and six toothbrushes.

Grif: I'm gonna assume that makes sense to you.

Caboose: Yeah, it does.

Grif: Yeah, I thought so. We'll just go ahead and leave that one alone.

Sarge: Grif! Why'd you pack so much?

Grif: Me? I only did one duffle.

Sarge: Well, what are these cases?

Donut: Those are mine!

Sarge: Donut, you're going with us?

Donut: No, but I wasn't gonna let you guys have all the packing fun to yourselves! That's the best part of going on vacation. I mean, besides airport security's full cavity search-

Grif: Time to go!

The orange soldier moved towards the Warthog and got into the driver seat.

Sarge: Now Lopez, I want you to take good care of Simmons and Donut while we're gone.

Lopez: (Spanish) Me?

Sarge: Feed them everyday.

Lopez: (Spanish) Do they eat unleaded or super unleaded?

Sarge: Exactly, and don't forget to let them out in the yard every now and then.

Donut: I love yard time-

Simmons: Goodbye!

Sarge: If I don't make it back from the mission, bury me and Grif as far apart as possible. I don't want to get any corpse cooties.

Grif: Why do you assume I'll be dead?

Sarge him a blank stare.

Grif: Never mind.

He flicked on the ground the Red team's signature music.

Sarge: All aboard! Let's get this show on the road!

The Red got into the passenger seat while Caboose got onto the gunner seat. Ruby readied the Hornet for flight as Kaikaina and South took their seats.