eight

KEY:
(Y/N) - Your Name
(F/C) - Favourite Colour
(H/C) - Hair Colour

-

[ Sebastian's POV ]

I watched as my black tail flicked side-to-side, realising that it was an indicator to my current mood. Being a cat-lover myself; my body language meant that I felt annoyed.

Why annoyed, you ask?

"Sebastian, were you even listening?" My Master asks, glaring at me harshly. I nodded without a word. Of course I was listening - just not wholeheartedly as I usually do.

That brat just had to return when I was finally getting a break from him. Naturally, I should not complain since he is my Master. However, even after being stuck with him for the past four years; even demons deserve a short break. At least a half a week without his constant nagging and demands would suffice.

I had one day to myself - ONE! As relieved as I am to know that he was safe after being picked up by (Y/N), all I wanted was a small vacation. Was it too much for a demon to ask for?

Never mind. I sound like a brat right now, how ironic.

My Master waves a paw in front of my face, the glare on his face never softening. As if looks could kill, I would be dead by now. He rolls his eye at me and walks away, presumably to (Y/N)'s room. I let out a sigh, stretching my feline limbs and began following him.

"Blue! Sebastian!" She cheers upon our arrival. She moves aside from the bedroom door, allowing us to enter. I gazed at her bedroom curiously. It definitely had a sense of style that said '(Y/N)'.

The walls were painted a shade of (F/C), along with the floor being a deep mahogany wooden brown. There was a light grey carpet laid out across half of the bedroom, sitting peacefully under her bed and desk.

"Does her bed chambers also double as her study?" I heard my Young Master whisper to me. His eye flicked towards the desk with a curious look. I shrugged, though I doubt it looked as such in my feline form.

My eyes wandered to the said desk. It was messy, pens and papers were scattered everywhere along with a few half-empty mugs. "Filthy." I muttered to myself, slightly cringing at the disorganisation.

I spot a small fish tank sitting at the end of her desk. It seemed to contain about 25 litres (5 gallons) or so. Housed within it was a small betta fish, his gills flaring at me menacingly as I eyed him. The veiltail betta was beautiful. Its torso was an ombré of purple and pink, slowly transitioning into a light shade of red at the end of its tail.

"Oh Sebastian? I see that you finally met Sherman." (Y/N) says to me, rubbing my head as she walked past me. She gazed down at my Master, who tried his best to look intimidating despite his puppy form.

"I demand you to put us back into humans!" He yelled, but it only came out as barks for her. She cooed, bending down to pick him up. "Happy to see me?" She teases, hugging him in her arms.

I snicker at him as I watched as he became flustered from (Y/N)'s actions, furiously barking out protests. It was entertaining to watch. My Master glares at me from her shoulder before she places him gently on her bed.

"Stupid woman.." My Master grumbles, relaxing himself on her bed as he lays down.

••

[ 3rd POV ]

An owl sits on the window ledge, peering into the window. The owl observes the two animals in the room, a dozing puppy and an emotionless cat. With them, was a girl. Her (H/C) hair was messily tied up in a small bun that sat on top of her head as she skimmed through several books. It appeared that she was searching for something within these books.

The owl lets out a small hoot, gaining the attention of the girl. She raises an eyebrow at the window. What was an owl doing here?

She walks up to the window, and slides it open. She smiles at the owl. "Hello there. I'm (Y/N). What's your name?" She said with a smile, reaching out a hand cautiously to the owl. The owl lets out another hoot, swiftly jumping onto the girl's hand with ease.

The girl's eyes widen at the sudden weight placed on her by the owl. She only then realises how big the owl was, he appeared to be a great grey owl.

The girl hums, observing the owl's behaviour. "You're a friendly one, aren't you?" She giggles. The owl hoots multiple times. If owls could laugh, its hoots would have sounded much like laughs!

The raven-haired cat narrows its crimson eyes at the owl. Something about this owl seemed so eerily familiar to him. Yet, he could not seem to place a finger on what it is.

Sebastian sneaks closer to his caretaker and the owl, his small steps not even making a sound. Gently rubbing against (Y/N)'s legs, he distracts her from the owl.

"Hello baby!" She cooed, squatting down to pat the cat's head. Sebastian lets out a purr of satisfaction, leaning into her hand for more. The owl lets out its 'laughs' once again. Sebastian glares at the grey owl, his crimson eyes glinting in disdain. 

The owl catches Sebastian's glare. The owl hoots at Sebastian, giving him a closed-eyed smile.

"Hello, Mr. Butler."