{16} Bandages

PS: Shigaraki's gonna pay reader a visit or not in Spring Nationals to those who are confused, so not this one!

(Y/n)'s POV

Unlike Atsu and 'Samu had planned, we weren't able to meet up. It was understandable since nationals were around the corner and everyone was doing their best to prepare. This meant that I had to postpone training Tooru and the cafe date with Haji. Even I did some extra research on the teams we were going to face. The biggest problems at Nationals were going to be Inarizaki, Itachiyama and Fukurodani.

I blinked once, then twice, the players that I met at the chicken wing restaurant when I was returning from the camp were Fukurodani players! The owl looking one is Bokuto Koutarou, Fukurodani's captain and ace. The one with black hair and the prettiest eyes I've seen is Fukurodani's setter, Akaashi Keiji.

I thought back to the time I had met them. From what I could tell from when I first met them, Bokuto's personality was pretty similar to Shoyo's. He's energetic, bubbly and no one could hate him, but unlike Shoyo, he's a bit emotionally unstable. At leat that's what I've gathered from the information I've found.

Bokuto has these short episodes called his 'emo mode' by his teammates. I could use those to my advantage. The sooner I get Bokuto out of the game, the better. That means that Fukurodani won't be at full strength. Not to mention, Akaashi's extremely careful with his sets and decisions because of the possibility of triggering Bokuto's emo mode. I could manipulate him.

Speaking of Fukurodani's pretty setter, he had a slight attachment to Bokuto and was the only setter that could successfully handle Bokuto. Without Akaashi, Bokuto would not be on court. I couldn't say the same if it were the other way around, but if Bokuto were benched, I'm sure Akaashi would make it his responsibility to get Bokuto back on court.

Knowing this, the setter wouldn't have his whole head in the game. After having structured my first strategy against Fukurodani, I thought of Inarizaki. I groaned, already thinking of how much extra precautions I had to take with the team. There was Rin, Aran, Atsu, 'Samu and Shinsu.

To me, their team was honestly a nightmare. Rin was going to be obvious trouble for Tenten, so I'll make sure to have someone good at receiving right behind him. For Aran, we could exhaust him and target him with our serves. Atsu is a troublesome setter that'll easily piss off Kenjiro, I think I should put Semisemi in first if that's the case. He could also be our starting server. For 'Samu, I think I could depend on Tenten and Tsutomu. As for Shinsu, I'll worry about him later. I'm not even sure if he'll play this game, but he's also pretty frightening himself. If he could do it in practice, he could 100% do it on court.

For now, I was having Tenten, Toshi, Tsutomu, Semisemi, Reon and Yamagata on court. I continued to burry my head in whatever stack of paper was in front of me. Kai looked at me, worried for my sanity. I had either been staring at my laptop screen or some stat papers for the past four hours or so.

"(Y/n)?" He questioned.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked, not looking away from my notepad.

"You have to pack for nationals," he reminded.

"Oh, yeah! I have to pack! I almost forgot, thanks for reminding me about it," I jumped out of my seat, quickly searching through the apartment for the essentials I needed to bring.

"Would you like me to come with you?" Kai offered.

"No, I know you don't like crowded places, and you've still got some work to finish. I wouldn't want to distract you. The sooner we finish with the first stage of our plan, the better." I replied, still searching for my favorite jacket.