007

august 25th, 2020
12:56 pm

SUNDAY WALKED INTO THE film class, her arms once again clutching a textbook from one of her political science classes

Brandon was already in his seat, his eyes on his phone and his legs stretched all the way out in front of him.

Sunday got into her seat from the previous class, readjusting her glasses as she did so.

"Aye," Brandon hissed lowly, "Ma. Sit in front of me."

"Isn't there already someone who sits there?" Sunday replied.

"So?" Brandon challenged.

Sunday glanced at the still empty seat in front of him, shrugged and then rose from her desk.

Sunday settled into the seat in front of Brandon and then turned around to face him, "You turned in your reaction paper right?"

"The what?" Brandon furrowed his brows.

"The reaction paper that's due after each movie?" Sunday pressed.

"Oh, that. Yeah. I kinda bullshitted it though." Brandon laughed making Sunday shake her head.

"Okay, class," Professor Bernthal rose from his desk, "I received all of the reaction papers which was very good. Although a couple of them were very strange. One of them, I won't say who the author is, compared Count Orlok, a German vampire, to Elmo, a character from a children's tv show."

Sunday had to cover her mouth to conceal her laughter, glancing behind her at Brandon who simply shrugged, snickering himself.

"Something funny, you two?" The professor directed the question to Sunday and Brandon.

"Uh, no Professor." Sunday replied, unable to keep the amused smile off of her face.

"Alright. Let's start the discussion about Nosferatu and the anti semitic themes found in the movie. Class?"

Sunday raised her hand and the professor nodded at her, "The main character, Count Orlok, has an appearance that, historically, is a caricature of Jewish people. Blood libel is a heavy theme throughout the movie."

The professor nodded at her approvingly then moved on to other raised hands, "Who can tell me what blood libel is?"

Sunday was filled with pride.