Chapter 30 : "dancing in the rain"

Anywhere with you feels right,

anywhere with you feels like

Paris in the rain.

- Paris in the Rain : Lauv

{Echo pov}

The light seeped through the blinds, and I could feel the light hitting my eyes, as I opened them. I felt a strong pair of hands behind me, around my bare waist, and small breaths at the back of my neck. His grasp was tight, but it wasn't the suffocating kind, it was the warm kind, like you never want to get out of bed kind.

I looked over at the clock on the drawer, to see it's already noon. We were still naked under the white blanket that did little to cover us. I turned in his arms to face him, he looked peaceful and calm. I gently weaved my hand through his hair, which was soft and lustrous. He hummed in satisfaction, pulling me closer to him.

He buried his face in the crook of my neck, making me shiver.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He said, in his raspy morning voice.

"It's noon, silly." I shyly said, still stroking his hair.

"Mmhm, let's not get up at all." He said.

"Levi, no, I've got to meet my parents, Evan's coming too."

"5 more minutes, sweetheart." He whined before kissing my wrist.

I gave in and snuggled closer to him, he was just holding me, and that's when I knew home wasn't a place, it was a person, and that person was Levi.

{Levi pov}

The night was just magical, ethereal, unbelievable, yeah everything that's good.

When she asked me to make love to her, I completely lost it. She was going to be the death of me, that's for sure. She looked so pure, so innocent, so angelic. And when I finally brought her to her peak, I swear I could look at her forever, her dark brown hair sprawled across the pillow, the sounds, music to my ears, her eyes rolling back, and her breaths unsteady.

I looked at the bracelet and necklace she wore, the only two accessories on her naked body underneath mine, the sight was beautiful, she was mine, fucking mine. And I was completely, utterly hers.

Waking up holding her in my arms in the morning, is something I never wanted it to end, ever. I've never felt this way before, but with Echo, I feel so much, that it consumes me, I'm whipped for her.

After finally getting out of bed, we went to Mr.Andre's for a quick brunch, and went over to see her parents and Evan.

"Hey, big guy! You've grown up so much!" I ruffled his hair.

Evan didn't come for the Christmas party, and just reached Paris a day ago.

"Hey, Levi! It's so good to see you, I still can't believe you're dating my sister."

"Why, what's so hard to believe about that?" Echo retorted, rolling her eyes.

I laughed at their interaction, "I still can't believe you're taking boxing classes. You look all buffed up, big guy."

"Ugh, don't feed his ego." Echo said playfully.

The day went on as we chatted with her parents, somehow I realised that my hands were always on her, be it around her waist, her shoulders, or just holding her hand.

I sent her back home, it was just another few days where I'd get to wake up with her every day, with her in my arms, holding her, kissing her, making love to her.

It was New Years' by the time she moved in, all her things placed in cardboard boxes in the living room of my house. The four of us, Lucas, Layla, Echo and me, sent Alison off at the airport. The girls sent her off with tears and promises of meeting again, and Lucas and I wished her the best.

By the time we made it back to my place, oh wait, our place now, it was night, and it was drizzling. The sight from my balcony was amazing, it overlooked the landscape of Paris, the Eiffel Tower shining brightly from a distance, and the stars coming out to play.

She stood at the balcony in only my shirt on her, she looked seductive as hell. I slowly walked up to her, hugging her from the back. She leaned back against my chest, holding my bicep, smiling in content.

"You look extremely tempting right now." I whispered in her ear.

She giggled, "Your shirt's so comfy."

"Dance with me, hmm?" I asked her, kissing her exposed neck.

The song softly playing from the stereo system she got me, with her hands around my neck, and mine around her waist, this must be what heaven feels like.

"I forgot to ask you. You really brought the stereo system here, huh?" She asked, laughing, her eyes crinkling at the corners.

"Yeah, of course! Baby number 2." I said.

"How's baby number 1?"

"My grandfather got rid of her, unfortunately, she started acting up, couldn't work anymore."

"That's sad." She stated.

"How about we make a baby instead?" I teased her, touching her stomach, rubbing it.

Before she could answer me, blood started dripping from her nose. She looked upwards, to stop it from dripping, I quickly got her a wet tissue. She wiped it, before silently walking to the toilet to wash her face. She locked the door before I could stop her and I stood outside, waiting for her.

I wanted to knock when she took longer than usual, but then I heard sobs. She was crying. Fuck. I decided to give her some space, until a few minutes later, she opened the door. Her face puffed, eyes red, lips dry, cheeks stained, and yet she smiled sadly at me.

I didn't say anything, and just pulled her into my chest.

"Dance with me, please." This time, she insisted.

"Of course, sweetheart." I tenderly held her in my arms, the song echoing through our ears with the pitter patter of the rain, making the world stop for a while.

" I tenderly held her in my arms, the song echoing through our ears with the pitter patter of the rain, making the world stop for a while

'Anywhere with you feels like Paris in the rain.' The soothing voice echoed from the speaker.