𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓪𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮

She said she would dance with me if I brought her red rose, "the young student whined," but I don't have a single red rose in my entire garden

She said she would dance with me if I brought her red rose, "the young student whined," but I don't have a single red rose in my entire garden. "

In the nest on the holly oak, the nightingale heard him, looked up through the leaves, and waited curiously for what would happen next.

"Not a single red rose in the whole garden!" the student moaned and his beautiful eyes filled with tears. "Oh, the little things that happiness depends on! I've read everything written by wise people, I've penetrated all the mysteries of philosophy, and yet I've failed in my life because I don't have a red rose."

"Finally a true lover!" the nightingale thought. "I sing about him night after night, though I have never known him, I tell him about the stars night after night - and only now do I see him. His hair is as dark as hyacinth flowers and his lips are as red as the rose he longs for; but his face pale with passion that he is like ivory, and hath stamped his seal on his forehead. "

"Tomorrow night the prince is holding a ball," whispered the young student, "and my beloved will come there. If I bring her a red rose, she will dance with me until dawn. When I bring her a red rose, I will hold her in my arms and she will bow my head. on my shoulder and her hand curls up in mine. But I don't have a single red rose in the garden, so I'll sit alone and alone and she won't stop at me. She won't notice me at all and my heart will break. "

"Indeed, a true lover!" the nightingale thought. "What I sing about, the one he suffers; what makes me happy gives him pain. Ba, love is something wonderful! It is more precious than emeralds and more precious than magnificent opals. You can't get it from shopkeepers and it can't be exported with gold. "

"Musicians will settle on the bar," said the young student, "and they will play stringed instruments, and my beloved will dance to the sounds of the harp and violin. But they won't dance with me, because I don't have a red rose for her. " And he threw himself on the grass, buried his face in his hands and wept.

"Why is he crying?" the green lizard asked, running around with its tail raised.

"Really, why?" wondered the butterfly flying behind the sun's beam.

"Really, why?" the daisy whispered in her neighbor's gentle muffled voice.

"She's crying for a red rose," the nightingale said.

"After the red rose?" everyone called. "That's ridiculous!" And the lizard, who was a bit of a cynic, chuckled right away.

But the nightingale understood the secret of the student's grief, sat in silence on the oak tree, thinking of the mystery of love.

And suddenly he spread his brown wings and soared into the air. He flew through the thicket like a shadow and floated like a shadow over the garden.

In the middle of the lawn stood a beautiful rose bush, and the nightingale, when he saw him, flew to him and sat on a branch.

"Give me a red rose," he begged, "and I'll sing you my favorite song."