NEW JOB

CHAPTER ONE

I heard loud tapping on the window. I slowly opened my eyes to see the old man before he opened the car door for me. "Apologies, I didn't know how else to wake you," The man said. "The Heelshires had to step out for a moment. They beg your pardon and they ask that you wait in the parlor." He said while I exited the car. "It's like something out of a storybook" I blurted out and took out my wallet to pay him. "Oh, the Heelshires have already taken care of that." He said. "And I put your things inside". "Thank you, sir," I said to him as I walked away and entered the Mansion.

'I felt like someone was watching me but, there was no one around'

I was debating whether on taking off my shoes or leaving them on in my mind. I decided to keep them on. I walked up the stairs in curiosity since I heard something. I continued to walk until I reached the top and saw a portrait of a family. I walked towards it.

'This must be the family I'm working for' you thought

I decided to keep walking up the stairs in silence. I then saw a room filled with children's toys. I decided to just observe the room instead of touching random stuff. I walked around and then saw a whined-up toy. "Are you going to continue to stare at me?" I said knowing there was someone behind me. "Oh, hey there." A man's voice said as a turned around. "I was trying not to scare you but instead, you kinda scared me," The young man said chuckling. I gave a small smile. "Sorry I didn't mean to," I said. "It's fine," he said. "So who are you?" I asked "Oh! I'm the grocery boy." He answered "Gro- well, grocery man. You know. I own the shop." I laughed a bit.

"Okay. I'm Malcolm, by the way." He said reaching out his hand to shake mine. "I'm Y/n," I said as I shook his hand. "You must be here for the nanny job?" He asked. "Yes". "I've got some groceries to unpack downstairs if you want to join me, I could give you a tour of such exotic locations. in the pantry and bread bin, does that interest you," he offered. "That sounds great but I would have to decline that offer," I said with a sorry look. "Oh, that's fine maybe some other time. Either way the Heelshires should arrive shortly" He said smiling. I nod my head.

I walk to the parlor as he walked in kitchen