Chapter 1

-3rd person pov-

"Excuse me for my rudeness, my name is Azazel, thank you for waking me up," Azazel bowed respectfully.

"Do you happen to know where we are?" Asked Charlotte formally.

"I am afraid I am just as lost as you are, Priestess," Azazel walked to a nearby tree and held it.

"It seems that we are nowhere near the demon realm, nor the empire." He said facing Charlotte.

"I find your abilities as a demon astounding." Said Charlotte calmly, hand on her chin.

"And I find it astounding how calm you are in this situation. Aren't you supposed to avoid me?" Said Azazel laughing.

"Yes, everyone finds me astounding" Said Charlotte with no emotion.

"Can you pin point our exact location?" She asked looking around.

"No, we're in unfamiliar territory," he answered.

"Then can you fly up and see if there's a nearby village?" Azazel shook his head.

"You burned my wings pretty badly I can only glide for now," he answered, displaying his wings still sizzling.

"Ah, my apologies," she bowed again.

"If you're willing, I'd like to walk this way in hopes of finding a village," she said respectfully.

Azazel nodded, "Is there a special reason why you might want to go that direction?"

"No," she said simply as she walked away.

Azazel smiled, he found her intresting. Despite being the most influential human she was not afraid of him nor was she ever hesitant.

They walked for hours without seeing so much as a sign of life.

"No birds, no bugs, not even a single flower in sight..." Charlotte sighed.

"This is... Quite strange... No moss either..." Azazel agreed.

Charlotte knelt down in suspicion.

"What are you doing, Priestess?" Azazel asked in confusion.

Charlotte dug her fingers into the dirt without a word.

When she lifted her hand and held the clump of dirt, she examined it for a bit, then dropped it.

"It's not dry or wet, not dusty or loamy, is this even real dirt?" Charlotte asked in confusion, examining her perfectly spotless hand.

Azazel kicked the dirt. "The grass doesn't have any roots either," he frowned.

"Where are we?" Charlotte asked concerned.

Just then they heard a chime and a blue screen appeared, one for Charlotte and one for Azazel.

'Monster hunt event ends in 6d 23h 58m'

"Monster hunt?" Charlotte read out loud.

Just then Azazel screamed in shock.

"Oh my God, what is that thing!?" He screamed in surprise as a cyclops twice his size roared, club in hand, ready to fight.

"A monster," Charlotte reasoned as she snapped a branch off of a tree and held it like a sword.

The cyclops charged at her.

She grabbed the cyclops' loin cloth and grabbed it's thick chest hair to stab it's giant eye.

She was successful as the monster yelled in pain and fell flat on the ground with a bang.