Chapter eleven

My mother had returned and brought me a newbattle armor. It looked even better then my last one and once I put it one, Iwas ready to get my revenge on Hector. I finally went back into battle afterall these weeks and I was murderous. I killed everyone who I came across andsoon the Trojans were running away. Finally I found Hector, he was standingjust outside the city walls. When he saw me coming, he looked like he wanted toget away but I was no use. I had already reached him and jumped off my chariot.I chased after him like a hawk would chase a dove. Hector was running away fromme, he was running circles around the walls and I followed him. Three rounds wemade and I wanted to start on my fourth one but someone stopped me. There stoodAthena again and she whispered: "Stand still and catch your breath, Achilles."I stopped and a minute or two later Hectors brother was standing before me. Hewent over to Hector and convinced him to duel me. I still don't knew what hesaid but Hector had all of his energy back, and also his arrogance. He wastoying with me and challenging me to duel him. Of course I couldn't resist todo so, so I fought him. I threw my spear at him with the speed of lighting butsomehow he was able to dodge it. He laughed, thinking I just lost my weapon. Idid throw mt spear but Hector didn't notice Athena gave it back to me. I wasn'tplanning on showing him this so I hid it behind my back. Now Hector wasstriking at me but I dodged his attack with my shield. He turned around to hisbrother, but he had disappeared. That's when he realized that he had beentricked by a god, or in this case, a goddess. He also knew he was doomed, ifthe gods were on my side, he was fighting a lost battle. Turns out, he didn'tcare. He was dying a heroic death and attacked me again. Dodge, dodge, charge,dodge, charge, strike, I was thinking. it all happened automatic. I was stilllooking for a place I could hit him. Even though I was stronger, he still hadmy old battle armor and it was a pretty good one. Then I saw it, a small gabbetween his helmet and chest plate. Just a small piece of his neck was visible.I aimed carefully and then I pulled my spear behind my back and stroked at him.It was a hit! The blade of my spear sliced right through his throat. "HA!Hector, did you really think you wouldn't get punished for killing Patroclusand stealing his battle armor? Well, there your laying now. The dogs and birds willtear your corpse to pieces, but we will honor Patroclus one last time, just asit's supposed to go." I looked at him in hate. Hector was struggling, I couldsee it and it made me feel good. "Please Achilles, don't leave me here,unburied and as prey for the dogs and birds. Give my body back to my father, hewill give you many rewards for it." My hate was only growing for him and Ianswered harshly: "Bdelyròs! Amathés'!kèpfos gràson! I'd prefer to rip you into pieces myself. I want to cut the flesh offyour body and eat you while still raw. When I think about what you did to meand Patroclus and so many other Greek. No Hector, no matter what the Trojans door offer, I will personally make sure your motherwont be the one burying you. The dogs and birds will eat you here." Hector was almost dead now, he couched up some blood but still managed to say: "Now I see you standing here, Achilles, I see how heartless you are. You have a heart of stone. But listen to my last words! One day the gods will revenge me. They will..." his last breath. He was dead.