Have a Heart🏐

THEY COULDN'T FIND HIM ANYWHERE.

They checked at Shimada Mart and Sakanoshita, at the park, at the library, at the gym, even at his house after Kageyama led them to Shiro's front door. He didn't open the door, if he was even at home.

Nothing.

Sugawara sent the two first years home, and continued looking as he himself slowly walked to his own house in the opposite direction.

Maybe Shiro had run home? Maybe he was sleeping?

Sugawara didn't like the thought of the boy hurting all alone in the  darkness, and his eyes searched the empty streets, just in case he still was out there.

A strange part of him wished that Shiro still was out there, so that he could find him and make him feel better, make him feel safe. His worry died away as he heard a soft ding from his phone, a text in the groupchat.

T. Shiro

Sorry for running out, just forgot something. Did I miss anything?

Suga bit his lip at the obvious lie, and realized that Shiro probably didn't want to talk about it. It was fair enough. He sent back a quick reply in the groupchat before the others could.

🍉Suga

Are you at home? You okay? Where are you?

T. Shiro

I'm with Mikio, I'm fine. Just needed air. Tysm for asking

🍉Suga

Shiro, you know if you ever need anything, I'm here.

ROLLINGTHUNDERRRR🤺🤺

Me too! Anything for you!

Tananananabatman🤺🤺

I'll kick the french fry's ass, your wish is my command.

Suga sighed as the rest of the team started weighing in, blowing up the notifications. The setter sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he shut his phone, some of the worry melting away.

At least he wasn't alone. At least he was with somebody.

Somewhere, deep down inside , Suga wished that somebody was him.

*******************************************************

When Shiro came in to school the next day, Tsukishima was the first to go up to him, earning murmurs  and glares from the people in the hall.

Shiro was the school heartthrob.  The mystery prince. You didn't just go up to him.  

Hell, there was even a waiting list on the chair closest to the table at which Shiro sat for lunch. Sure, he'd be with some volleyball kids- and that sparked so much jealousy- but during his time with the volleyball kids he'd actually be talking and smiling. Shiro never smiled in class, or around anyone else.