Chapter 19

Everett

“It's just a goddamn sprain. I can still play!” I say.

“Shut up and just let me fucking look at it,” Pierce snaps back. I shut my mouth and let him look.

“It's a sprain, we need to ice it.”

“Let me get the ice,” Sloane says. She had rushed over to us the moment she had seen me get toppled over. Just as she bought the ice over the door opens and two figures enter. Alice and… Zachary? I feel better all of a sudden, something distorting inside me that I didn't know I had just calmed down with his presence.

I stare at him. Pierce scowls when he enters.

“Is it bad?” Alice asks.

“It's a sprain.” Pierce says.

“How bad is the sprain?” Zachary asks.

Pierce and Sloane exchange confused glances. Where is the goddamn physical therapist anyway?

“Move over.” Zachary sighs and crouches down on the floor next to where I am sitting on the chair. He looks up at me to see me looking very intently down at him. Then, he looks down at my ankle. He lifts my foot up and examines it. It's swollen and a bit purple. He touches my ankle gently to feel the swelling; for a moment that's all he does. And I don't know why my heart is beating so much just because Zachary is taking care of my sprain.

“It will take at least a week to heal completely, ice it, put a brace or bandage on it and keep it elevated.” He tells us.

All of them stare at him, he doesn't seem to care. He takes an ice bag and presses it over my injury, carefully massaging around it with his fingers. The door opens, and our physical therapist, Miss Stacey enters.

She tells us the same thing Zachary told us, which only makes all of them stare at him harder. She moves out after giving me a painkiller and putting a brace over my ankle.

“How did you know that?” Alice asks, turning to Zachary.

“I have had my fair share of dealing with sprains,” He shrugs.

“How?” Pierce asks.

Unintentionally, he tenses for a second. And I knew whatever he is going to tell is only the half-truth.

“Used to jump off high places.”

“Because obviously that's what people do when they are bored,” I snort at him.

He narrows his eyes at me.

“Dude, he just helped you with your injury, the least you can do is thank him.” Pierce says to me, sighing.

“Exactly. Or did you forget about manners just like you forgot that you are supposed to run with the ball while on the field?” Zachary snaps at me.

I don't say anything except glare at him. He doesn't back down either.

“Okay that's it. Pierce you're up after halftime and someone get Everett back to his room, you are to rest for this whole week till Stacey gives you an okay,” The coach announces.

“If I am going back then who's gonna support him till his room? I mean Sloane can, but she has to go and Alice can't support him,” Pierce scowls.

Zachary sighs. “I'll do it,”

Pierce looks at Zachary and then back at me to check if I am okay with that.

“Fine,” I grunt.

Moving closer to me, Zachary hoists me up by a hand around my waist and one of my hands goes around his shoulders, and we start walking towards my dorm room. I open the door and we both enter. Unsurprisingly the room is messy with clothes on the floor, papers on both of the tables. Since, neither Pierce nor I care whose clothes we are wearing. As soon as the door closes behind us, I pull Zachary towards the bed, then push him down on it and cage him between me and the mattress. He doesn't try to fight me off and that makes my brain go wild. He trusts me enough to let me take him off guard. And Zachary doesn't trust anyone.

“You're supposed to keep your foot elevated,” He tells me.

I lean down and bite his neck. He hisses.

“Why did you tense up when Pierce asked you about your sprains?” I ask.

He looks up at me uneasily and bites his lip. I stare him down till he gives in. “I used to jump out my window to get out of my house which usually always resulted in a sprain since my room was on the first floor.”

“You couldn't use the door like a normal person?” I raise an eyebrow down at him.

“I didn't want my dad knowing,” is all he says, and I know he is not going to say anything more. My chest aches.

I lean down to kiss him, hard and hungry. He returns it in equal hunger. Then he pushes me off and gets up.

“Don't put pressure on it,” he tells me.

“We have to go to the theater today,” I say.

“You need to shower,” he motions me towards the shower.

I sit up and then take off my shirt, he gives my chest and abs a quick once over, I catch him looking and grin. He rolls his eyes, but then he smirks as he comes closer and crouches down to the floor between my legs as I sit on the bed. He smirks up at me as he slaps away my hands from my waistband and drags my shorts down himself. My Skin heats up at seeing Zachary down there, between my legs, but as soon as the material hits the ground he gets up and moves away.

He grins at me. “I think you were going to shower.”

“Asshole,” I grumble but move towards the shower anyway.

After I shower and get dressed, we slowly make our way towards my car, but it's only when we reach there that it sinks in for me that I can't drive.

“Shit,” I curse

“We can just take a cab,” he tells me. It surprises me that he didn't offer to drive. He knows how much the car means to me.

“No, it's fine. Here you can drive,” I hand him the keys.

“Are you sure?” He asks.

“Taking a cab would be stupid,” I say, getting in the passenger seat.

Turns out, Zachary is an amazing driver, especially behind my steering wheel. God, he looks amazing driving my car. It wasn't a bad idea to let him drive my car after all. I watch him like a creep till we reach the theater, if he notices he doesn't say anything. Probably storing it away to use against me later.

“Do you want to pick you up, princess?” Zachary teases when I don't get up from the car.

“Actually I would love that, to make you take me up, bridal style, and make you walk like that in public,” I grin at him.

“Of course you would,” he grunts, “Evil son of a bitch.”

We both grin at each other before making our way to the theater.

________________________________________

Hey guys!

If you like the story, leave a comment and let me knw how I can improve, also, share to ur friends.

Also the few ppl who I am very grateful for, this chapter is for you.

Dafuck-hoeseph11
Panchat_Nerd
kikax13
Kaitlynisgoofy
@Imhereforstories7v7
@death4ever
TessaStClaire
@59HoAi13p50
_poisonpolish_

Give these amazing ppl a follow bcs they have helped me write this without even realising it. Thank you so much.