Characters EXPLAINED: Jake

Jake Baxter EXPLAINED (kinda)

So the reason Jake Baxter has it out for Oliver wasn't really intentional. As mentioned Jake is a hypocrite because he bullies Oliver for being "homosexual" while also being one himself. Jake does this as a front in front of his teammates in order to keep face since he is still a "closeted-gay" male. Jake has known Seth since middle school and in that time has developed some sort of romantic feelings for him. However, afraid Jake keeps this secret and tends to hide it really well simply because Seth is quite oblivious. However, Oliver becomes his target when Seth starts paying more attention to him and Jake just can't seem to fathom this so he goes out of his way to get revenge.

Doing so causes a conflict between him and Seth since Seth has made it his job to protect Oliver from then on. However this means Oliver would become a constant in their relationship therefore Jake realizes he has to get in Seth's good graces again in order to keep an eye on Oliver. Therefore his "apology" to Oliver was more a peace offering to Seth in order to scheme another way to get rid of him.

When Jake notices the way their teacher Mr. Radton eyes Oliver, this is when his brilliant plan sparks to life. There is no secret that Oliver is a sex worker considering that rumor flies all around school.

Jake never knew what Mr.Radton's true intentions are so he wasn't really bothered with the fact that the aging older male could cause actual harm to Oliver. Besides the fact that he could get his grade brought up in the process was a huge plus!

However when rumors about Mr. Radton being fired travelled through the school Jake decided to ditch school that day and ended up ghosting Seth. Since Seth was too busy paying attention to Oliver to notice, this worked out really well.

In summary, there was no bad blood between Oliver and Jake. Jake seen Oliver as some kind of rival for him and Seth. He deems Oliver as an obstacle that got in the way of finally getting to be together with Seth, who he originally planned to confess his feelings to at the party mentioned earlier in the story. Which was why he was upset that Seth didn't want to go.

In Jake's eyes apparently, Seth was his first and now some stranger came and took him away.

In all, Jake is envious of Oliver.

A/N: Till next time Ciao!!

Please note I am not trying to defend Jake's actions in any way, shape or form.
I just wanted to add some background.

✌️😗