44

They both realized it, and they both decided on one thing: they would not admit it unless the other exposed their feelings first

     They both realized it, and they both decided on one thing: they would not admit it unless the other exposed their feelings first. This became the several days wait for (Y/N)'s answer, and Soundwave's reveal. One had become accustomed to hiding his expressions and feelings, while the other was far to used to solitude and having no one to practice sharing such emotion with. The doubles were out of practice. 

     Laserbeak was bound and determined to change that, however.

         :Soundwave, you're scheduled for a recharge soon,: the avian noted, :lord Megatron won't take to kindly if you disobey his orders to rest again. (Y/N) will be there as well.:

     And that was why the TIC was avoiding recharge. If he was going to, more than likely she was already there, or they met along the way. Much like before, (Y/N) was difficult to avoid. Only now, when he almost wanted to avoid her did Soundwave realize how connected they had become. Of course, it hadn't clicked yet that they were both attempting to avoid each other because of an irrational fear of rejection. Laserbeak was the only one to connect the dots, being a third party. The wingman, so to speak.

         :Please, you need it.: Laserbeak sighed through their master and servant bond. :You're being uncharacteristically irrational, and it's beginning to show.:

     The mech stopped his work as he thought. Perhaps he was being a trifle irrational. Overall, he hadn't seen the femme because of errands that separate them, and she would be mistaken for him on the rare occasion, so she picked up odd jobs he'd normally find. He was rather grateful of it, considering his workload that had increased once Project Predacon had begun to take form. (Y/N) would inquire if it was appropriate, never assuming, through their private messaging system, and he'd usually answer with a simple 'yes' or some other similar word.

     As neither were particular to conversation, they didn't care to correct whoever confused one for the other, unless asked directly, which was rare. Megatron had made it abundantly clear that (Y/N) was to be treated as Soundwave was, with respect (though mostly through fear). Soundwave would often be mistaken for her, even. The occasional Vehicon having something from Shockwave for the femme. Sometimes from Megatron, but it was not a common happening. 

         :Soundwave, you're getting off track.: Laserbeak informed him, and Soundwave began his work once more. 

     He was right, Soundwave needed rest, if anything to calm his ever-racing mind. A flight beforehand may do him some good, but he did not have the time. 

     The mech logged out from the computer by retracting the elongated appendages. He stared at the terminal for a time before turning and running through his usual path to his private quarters on the cameras. The way was not as clear as he wished, with several Vehicon drones making their security rounds or having business in that general vicinity. He'd have to take the long way around.