TWENTY ONE

TWENTY ONE
[ Louis' POV ]

"Harry, please. Talk to me."

"I can't. Because if I do I would feel like a controlling and demanding boyfriend and I don't want to be that way. You're your own person who makes his own decisions." - I heard him say while sobbing from the other side of the door.

"Can we talk about this face to face? Please babe."

"I can't, I'm sorry. I'll get used to this eventually. I'm fine. I really am." - He said with his cracked voice, clearly crying, making me let out a little giggle.

"I'm hearing you crying, you know?"

"Lou, can you just go? Please."

"I'm not going to leave you here crying.  Even less if it's my fault."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Then we won't, let me cuddle with you, no talking. I promise."

"Just cuddle?" - I heard him ask in a low volume.

"Yes."

"Ok, just because I actually wanted you to stay tonight."

"Good, because I wasn't going to leave anyways." - I said and I heard him giggle.

Seconds later he opened the room door.
His eyes were red and full of tears, he looked tired.

"C'mere." - I said, extending my arms and engulfing him.

He rested his forehead against my shoulder and I slowly felt my shirt go wet. I lifted one of my hands to his hair, burying my fingers on his curls, making traces on his scalp, trying to comfort him.

"Want to lay down?" - I asked and he mumbled a little 'yes' into my chest. - "Okay." - I walked both of us to his bed, still holding him close.

I let him get under the duvet and I followed suit.
He looked at me and I could see his tears were drying and that he was more calm. I smiled at him and opened my arms again, letting him cuddle close.

He pressed his face into my chest and tangled his legs with mine under the duvet.
I kissed the top of his head and he nuzzled even closer to my chest.

"I know you don't want to talk. I'm just going to say that you make me happy, so I'm not planning on leaving you. You can be absolutely sure of that." - I said while tangling my fingers in the hair over his nape and staring at the ceiling.

"You make me happy too." - He whispered, barely audible.

"I'm glad." - I giggled.

"Little ocean?" - He said, still pressed against my chest.

"Harry?"

"I… it's... It's not like I want you to quit your job. You know? I would never ask you to do that."

"Mhm…"

"I just want not to feel jealous about it, like I'd prefer if you don't do intimate things with them, or whatever."

"Like what baby?"

"Kissing? And maybe like touching their thighs or, yeah. You get it."

"I'm afraid I'll have to kiss them eventually. Maybe I can reduce the amount, or just stick to short kisses. Like nothing long, or not letting them kiss me with tongue, and that." - I said and I felt him tensing. - "I'll shut up, I'm just making you uncomfortable."

"No, I mean. Yeah you can put some ground rules, short kisses I think it's alright. I can handle that." - He said timidly and I felt my heart clench.