Bonus Chapter

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

                                                                                         ........

Lyla came dangerously close to failing her junior year of high school. She wasn't a poor student but after her mother passed away in January, she couldn't focus on her schoolwork. Without Darcy's help, she probably would have bombed both math and bio. Not probably. Definitely.

In early May, Lyla met a guy at a party named Keenan Ames. He seemed like a pretty cool guy with his tats and shaved head, but she was sure her dad wouldn't approve. For Lyla, it was a very confusing time, a volatile mix of emotions.

Buzz had been building toward the end of the school year that Jack, a few other players on the football team, and some players from regional schools had been chosen to represent the North All-Star team. The plan was to travel to some little town in Texas to play the South All-Star team, comprised of some of the best high school football players in Texas. Lyla wasn't into football, or any sports for that matter, but she was definitely into Jack. So she talked Darcy into road-tripping with her to get out of town, put eleventh grade behind her, and kick-off summer vacation with a new adventure.

Early one Tuesday morning, two busloads of kids, coaches, and chaperones rode out of Western Pennsylvania on their way to a little town in the middle of nowhere called Carp, Texas. Carp was nothing like Lyla expected. She had imagined cactus and tumbleweeds rolling across miles of straight, sunbaked highways separating prairies where longhorn steer grazed and horses galloped. She'd never known anyone from Texas. The furthest she'd been from home was her aunt's house near Cleveland, Ohio.

Carp was nothing special. In fact, it looked a little rundown, forgotten, almost sad. Why the football league picked this place was anybody's guess. But for a small town, the game drew a big crowd. Probably a lot of bored kids with nothing else to do used the game as an excuse to get together for a summer party.

Jack was the star of the game, throwing for three touchdowns and running for another as Carissa and her squad cheered him on. The North team won by a score of 38-17, but Jack's long-legged blonde girlfriend drew most of the attention. The local guys couldn't keep their eyes off of her and the girls couldn't wait until she got her ass back on the bus and got the hell out of Carp.

"Why do I let you talk me into these things?" Darcy whined as she and Lyla made their way across the high school stadium parking lot between herds of pickup trucks.

"I thought it would be fun. Something different for a change," said Lyla, her eyes on Jack, as always, the center of attention.

"How's this different? This is like any tacky little town in the middle of nowhere," Darcy moaned. "And we got crammed inside a gross bus for two days with the band kids and other random losers."

When Jack's eyes met hers for a moment, Lyla shouted, "Awesome game, Jack." She wasn't sure he even heard her. Carissa did and responded by looping her arm around Jack's waist, resting her head against his shoulder.