27-Shattered

A few weeks after I attempted to take my own life, I woke up in a hospital bed with Klaus sleeping on one side and Kodiak sleeping on the other...I didn't know what to do.

I was ashamed and angry at myself for putting them through this so I did what I do best, I disappeared...not fully but just from them I guess.

I was still the capo of my mafia, I was still the CEO of my fashion company but I did it from a hidden location and I was only in contact with Cohen. He said I made a mistake but I felt like it was the right choice.

I thought about Kodiak everyday, his smile, his laugh, his eyes, the way his voice said my name, the way he would look at me when he thought I was f paying attention, the way his arms felt when they wrapped around me...I miss him and it physically hurts me to be away from him. But it's for his own good.

*ring* I was broken from my thoughts when hearing my phone ring.

"Yes?" I asked

"Cohen here, there is a ball coming up...you need to make an appearance but Kodiak is going to be there. He still hasn't met anyone and he hasn't given up looking for you." Said Cohen

"I told you too get him someone better, someone worthy of his love. I can't see them sad like that again Cohen. The things everyone said to me when I was in a coma, it broke my heart."I said

"You need to be at the ball, I'll see if I can keep him distracted." Said Cohen

"Thanks Cohen, love you. Take care of those crazy people for me." I said

"Mommy, is that Uncle Cohen?" Asked Niko

"Yes honey, do you want to talk to him?" I asked

"Yes please." He said while he made his adorable puppy dog eyes

"Cohen, someone wants to talk to you...are you alone?" I asked

"Yeah, out the little guy on, where's his sister?" Asked Cohen

"She's sleeping." I said

I handed the phone too Niko and he waddled away with it while telling Cohen about how he learnt a new word, his 3 but so smart...so advanced.

So after I left, I moved to Canada and no one except Cohen knew about it. I just packed up one night and left, well I brought Nathan and my dad with me but I left everyone else for their own good.

But to my surprise when I got to Canada I found out I was pregnant with Kodiak's child and I turned out to be pregnant with twins, Niko who is the older one and Ivy the younger sister. They are inseparable most of the time. Niko is the spitting image of Kodiak and Ivy is my twin. They are perfect.

I call Scar a lot, he visits when he can and he loves his siblings, but he acts like he doesn't know where we are. I just hope that Kodiak will forgive me.
*********************************
Kodiak's POV
"Stop telling me you can't find her! She didn't just disappear off the surface of the earth! Find her!" I shouted

They all shook in fear and nodded violently, it has been 3 years since I saw her, my soulmate, my queen, my everything.

She left without a goodbye, no last kiss, no last hug, no choice...she left a note and everyday I read it trying to understand why she would ever think these things. She was all I needed in this world...she is all I need in this world.

My purpose to breath, my reason to smile, she gives my life meaning. I need to find her, I know someone knows where she is because she is still running her mafia and company, I know she is in contact with someone but I don't know who. I know it's not Klaus because he would have brought her home, Gina has been in broken pieces since Safire left so it can't be her and Cohen had just been really closed off...he just tries to get me to move on.

"Boss?" Said someone as they walked into my office breathless

"What?!" I shouted

"Safire is going to be at the ball." Said the voice

I turned to the person and made my way towards him, I put my hands on his shoulders and looked him right in the eyes.

"Don't bullshit me! Where did you get this information!?" I shouted

"The guest list." He said while shaking

I dismissed him. He basically sprinted out of my office. She's going to be at the ball, my girl, where have you been all this time.
*********************************************
Safires POV
I started getting done for the ball, my anxiety was sky rocketing. I hope he doesn't know that I'll be there, I don't even know what he would do if he saw me.

Would he be angry, would he be sad, would he ignore me? I have no idea at this point.

I quickly put on my dress and finished off my outfit with my mask, this is my first appearance since I went off the grid. Let's hope it goes well.

"Mommy can we please come with you?" Asked Ivy

"Baby it's not safe. I promise you can go to one of the family balls okay." I said trying to convince her

"Will papa be there mama?" Asked Ivy with wide eyes

"Yes baby, don't worry you will see papa soon, I promise you will meet him." I said while kneeling in front of her.

I pulled Ivy and Niko into a hug and held them like it was the last time I would see them, my angels. I stood up and they played in my room while I got done, I loved watcha ngl them get along, laughing. I laughed at Ivys face as she chased Niko with my hair brush, he ran for his dear life. Poor thing.

"Mama is going now." I said and they both ran to hug me, they smothered me with kisses and walked me to the door.

I said my goodbyes and got into my limo. Cohen was in the limo, I hugged him and waved to Scar. Scar was babysitting for me, got to live that kid.

"So news?" I asked getting into my boss character, no emotion, no weakness

"He knows you're coming, you need to tell him about the kids." Said Cohen

"I plan on telling him, they want to meet him." I said

"Wait really? I thought you would argue with me on that." He said with his eyebrows furrowed

"Yes really, let's just hope he forgives me. Anyway who else is going to be there?" I asked

"3 business meetings, 2 meetings are about the fashion industry and 1 is about weapon shipment. Obviously Kodiak will want to talk to you and Klaus as well, Gina is going to beat your ass when she sees you." Said Cohen

"I miss them, this is going to be interesting...3 years later I wonder how much they've changed." I said

"You have no idea, Gina has gone dark, Klaus just mopes and stands outside your room a lot with a longing look on his face, Kodiak just shouts at everyone. It's chaos without you." Said Cohen

"I hope they will forgive me..." I said
***************************************
Hey loves

I'm sorry for taking long to update, hope the wait was worth it...next chapter is going to be hectic...sorry if it takes a little long.

Thank you for reading!!!

-Quanita xxx