The Beauty

The world can be harsh and cold, but passion can be found. But beauty is everywhere.

"Another excellent answer from you Miss Kane." The professor praised with delight, his dedicated student answering yet another correct answer with a display of great participation in class. Sophie was an exceptional student at Loren Saints High School, her grades were among the top of the school. The only thing that could equate to her academic achievements, was her appearance. Gentle youthful pale skin, sparkling hazel eyes, with long straight hair over half of her elegant face as her attempt to stop the attention she was amassing but it only attracted more than before. Any girl of her young age would not mind such attention, however. "Please stop. I'm not that good looking." Sophie would blush as hides her face to everyone, boys, and girls of the school. She never believed or perhaps cared that she was beautiful, students would flock to her to see the charm and grace. No matter what she did or ask for from her fellow students, whether be in a demanding voice or a shy timid approach, she would get what she wants like she was of royal blood.

With such response and reaction from fellow students, envy and jealousy will stir among others who did not share the same admiration. Being smart and high achieving can contribute to the start of insults and injuries students experience in their young educational stage of their lives, but the greater contributor is ego fuelled by popularity.

"Jeez... What makes Sophie so special?"

"Yeah... just cause she's smart."

"Heh. What a lame excuse to be like us." Courtney, the 'popular' girl of the school was the one with the most envy towards Sophie, she was the daughter of a man of high influence and lived like a rich girl. Her two friend, Mandy and Stacy were not as rich as Courtney but were loyal to her like dogs on leashes while being 'friends'.

"Who cares girls. She's too nerdy and shy to get popular like us, and besides, it's not like she can get someone as hot as Jordan to the Prom."

The Loren Saints High School's football captain, Jordan was childhood friends with Courtney, but it does not say that he loves her, for Jordan had his eyes set on someone else that Courtney and her friends did not know of. He too was nervous, like everyone would, when wanting to make their confession to someone. His 'love' had come to him in times where he needed the most. Comfort, from taking insults and comments on his low grades and lack of understanding, and support, taking the time to teach him subjects and topics that he struggled before tests. He even made excuses to his 'love', just to spend time with her.

One day, became the start of changes on everyone. It was lunch break in the school, Sophie was at her locker getting her books for the class after lunch, all while seeing yet another bunch of heart shaped love notes or praising words. It was a common occurrence for her, motivational and a little bit of a nuisance but she knows the senders mean well for her. After getting ready for the next class and shutting her locker, she was startled by someone standing behind her open locker door.

"Jordan!" She gasped at the sudden appearance of the school football captain.

"Sorry. I just um... Wanted to talk to you."

"Oh. Well, we could talk now. But lunch break is almost over."

"I know, I know but... We hardly get a chance to chat. I-I get what you're doing. Totally. But you can't just be focused on your studies." Jordan was right, Sophie was set on her studies, in hopes of getting a good job and future when she's older. Deep down inside herself, she knew she was beautiful, she would take a moment to make herself look more appealing, every morning before going to school.

"B-But I can't just focus on my appearance. There are better things to be focused on, like our hobbies and education." Jordan smiled at the wise words of his dream girl. Someone who was smart, kind, beautiful, the perfect girl to Jordan's eyes.