Chapter 3

You taught the fourth years their lesson in DADA, they all seemed happy and motivated to learn, apparently you were a good change from their last teacher. This made you happy, you were glad you were making a positive effect on the students and made sure to tell them that if they ever needed anything that they could come to you at any time. That was positive of not being in a house, you were not biased to any house, treating each student fairly. There was one student in particular who caught your eye, that being the flame-haired Bill Weasly

The lesson ended and you're next started, this however was a different experience, manic second years who had no respect for you, instead were hyper from the Summer holidays and through they could control the class because of you being new. You tried your hardest to control them, the one calm boy seemed to be another ginger-haired boy called Percy who looked apologetically at you. Just as you got to your wits end the door opened to reveal Severus Snape, you sighed in relief as he stood there and the entire classroom went silent.

"When I am walking along the corridor, I do not want to hear the clamorous noises of a second-year class" Severus sneered. "All of you are in detention with me this lunch for chatter so loud that you could hear from London. Now, I will sit in on this lesson to make sure none even speaks without permission or you will all get another after dinner."

Severus strode up to you and took a seat, overlooking the now scared second years. "Thank you" you mouthed at Severus and he smirked slightly. He watched as you went back to teaching, liking the way you explained and guided the now quiet students.

Severus had been planning to check on you, now having a free period, just to make sure that you were okay, he did not want his new pet struggling. When he heard the noise he knew you were struggling and decided to help you, that would make you like him.

The lesson soon was over and the students eft, still quiet. You turned to Severus as he stood, grateful for what he had done. "Thank you so much" you said, sighing.

"I heard the noise and it would be terrible to distract other classes." he mused. "Was your last as bad?" he asked.

"No, thankfully" you said, rubbing the back of your neck slightly. "They were all so lovely"

"I am glad" he said, losing interest in the conversation.

"Would you like some coffee?" you asked, "To thank you for dealing with my issue"

Severus looked at you, his lips turning up slightly but he backed down. "I have a lesson to teach" he said plainly.

"Another time then" you said.

Severus gave a sharp nod and walked to the door. "Oh (y/n)" he said, making you turn, he looked into your eyes and saw your mind. "Never mind, good day" he said, leaving.