🌸Final confession🌸

The whole time we were walking, I could feel my body shaking. I was normally never the type to get this nervous, but something about Shuichi always kinda made me act differently. I could hear Miu giggle, presumably at me, the whole way over as well. Then, without warning, Miu swung open the door to her room, revealing a half-asleep Shuichi watching tv snuggled in Miu's bed.

Shuichi's POV

"Lookie who I brought you, Poooichi!" I heard Miu exclaim. Despite waking her up last night, neither of us went to sleep until a little after 3am last night. I had been trying to fall back asleep since Miu left for the morning meeting, so it took me a minute to process what was happening. But I soon realized who Miu had brought to see me; Kaito.

"M-Miu! Why did you-" I didn't want to make it obvious to him, but the reason I had stayed in here was so I wouldn't have to see him, at least for today.

"Trust me, you'll thank me later." She said, winking at me.
Kaito gave me an awkward wave as he stepped through the door frame. "Um, hey Shu." He smiled, but he looked sorta worried. Kaito was always super confident and I couldn't even recall the last time he stuttered over a sentence.

"What's up?" I replied, rubbing my eyes, trying to keep my voice calm.

"Uh, well-" He started to say, rubbing the back of his neck. "You remember what you told me last night?"

"Mm, y-yeah-" I was sitting up on my knees now, covering my lap with the blanket. I also hadn't gotten dressed this morning, so all I was wearing was my white t-shirt and boxer shorts, not making this situation any better for me.

"Kaito, you don't have to tell me, I already know you like Maki." I didn't want to tell him, but I had seen him confessing to Maki before I talked to him last night.

I saw Miu wince at my words and turn her head away from me. Did she know he liked her too?

"Huh? No, Shu, I don't-" He responded, now walking toward the bed to sit next to me.

I heard him let out a sigh and place his hand over mine in my lap. I immediately looked up at him, feeling my face heat up. Wait-what's happening? Does he actually like me too?

"It's you, Shuichi." He squeezed my hand and smiled at me, his face now turning the same shade as mine.

"I, um, you like me?" I managed to get out.

Miu was leaning against the wall by the door, crossing her arms. "Will you two do it already?" She teased.

"M-Miu!" I pouted, now shifting my gaze from Kaito to her.

"Shuichi?" Kaito says, squeezing my hand significantly tighter than before.

"Hm?" I reply, turning back to face him.

"Can I-" He paused for a moment. "Can I kiss you?"

I knew the answer, but I was too nervous to say anything. I simply nodded my head in agreement, giving him permission. Before I could even lift my head up all the way, he leaned in towards me, placing his lips on mine.

I heard Miu leave her own dorm, shutting the door behind her. I wasn't sure why, she's the one who implied we should be doing something much worse only a minute ago,

After a shorter time than I had honestly hoped, Kaito pulled away, holding onto my shoulders.

"I-um-" Oh god, why did I have to be so awkward?

"Are you ok?"

"Wha-oh yeah, no i'm fine." Oh no, I am not making this any less embarrassing for myself.

"I'll be right back, Shu." He said, which prompted him to get up and leave Miu's room before I could say another word.

I flopped down into the big, pink, fluffy pillow Miu had on her bed, feeling my face flushed with shame.

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update again, i've been working on a new fanfic I plan to post soon! There will probably only be chapter another chapter or two of this one and I promise to update it a lot sooner this time :) Thank you as always for your nice comments and I hope you've been enjoying reading!