Wattpad Original

Amazon Prime Panic: Bonus Chapter

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

-

"If you crack your knuckles one more time, I will snap your neck," Tyra promised, glaring at Lee under the yellow glow of a streetlamp.

The Circle was gathered on an empty street, far enough from where we needed to be to avoid rousing suspicion. Groups of people out weren't unusual to see at this hour, not today of all days. It was hot and humid, the air heavy with smoke from fireworks.

Lee stared her dead in the eye and cracked them once more.

Eric sighed.

Anna grabbed Tyra by the back of her shirt before she could lunge for the slighter twin.

"This is his fault," Tyra snarled. "I'm going to kill him. Anna, let me kill him!"

Lee was meant to get ahold of the blueprints necessary for the Circle to get in and out of a booby-trapped farm. "I didn't have enough time! It's not my fault that Spurlock's insane!"

"Enough," I said. "Arguing isn't going to help us. We need to get this done tonight. That evidence he's got isn't going to disappear on its own."

"Or his money," Eric added.

"Can't we just kill Spurlock and call it a day?" Lee complained. "This is very Texas Chainsaw Massacre and I don't like it."

The street lamp over his head went out.

He pointed up at it. "This is a sign."

I shook my head. "No killing. Besides, we need the evidence. We'll have to go looking anyway."

"Arson?"

"That won't get us the evidence either. And someone else might be inside be inside because of that game."

Wary looks were exchanged at the mention of Panic. Something about it was off. It was our entire reason for being here to begin with. The people behind it had closed ranks and so had the kids involved, even though they were dying. None of us liked it. There had been talk of playing ourselves, but the idea was shot down quick. Unnecessary exposure.

Lee shrugged. "No, but I like the idea of setting out problems on fire. Don't you think it would be therapeutic?"

If Eric was any less polite, he probably would have rolled his eyes. Instead, he smiled at his brother. "Please stop."