Chapter 1: Girl Meets Texas

Lucas POV

"We have changed the lives of someone in this room," Riley says while walking in with Maya.

"Oh please not me," Zay says.

"I'm happy with my life the way it is. I got tall and my teeth came in nicely," says Farkle.

"Yeah we're not talking about you two," says Maya.

"Oh no what did you do?" I ask.

"Oh Lucas, in your whole history we know what has always been your biggest regret." Riley says.

"Baaaahhh," said Maya quietly behind her.

"What's that? Why would you do that?"

"Baaahhhh!!," Maya said louder this time. "You used to be a champion sheep rider in the Mutton Busting Rodeo, until you fell off of Judy the sheep."

"And then," Riley continues. "You gave up, but you never got over it."

"That is my deepest darkest secret no one knows I fell off of Judy the sheep except-," I stopped in the middle of my sentence and turned to Zay.

"They made me Lucas, they made me," he tells me.

"How did they make you?" I questioned.

"Oh, " I said y'all wanna hear a great Lucas story?", but they said yes."

"Okay it doesn't matter I'm over it. I don't think about that day at all," I say, stopping and having a flashback of that day. "I fell off that sheep so fast. No one likes me."

"Lucas you can fix this, get back on that sheep and be a sheep champion," I hear Riley say.

"We have made that possible," says Maya.

"How? How would you make that possible?," I ask

"Show it to him," Riley says and Maya pulls out a certificate. "Ride Lucas, ride boy"

"We have entered you in-," Maya gets cut off by Riley.

"The Annual Mutton Busting Tournament-," Riley says but gets interjected by Maya.

"In Austin, Texas-"

"In front of everybody you know."

"Yay," they both say at the same time.

"You can't enter me in Mutton Buster's. You can't be over 8 years old or 55 pounds."

"You are wrong young Lucas, we entered you last week and your application got accepted." Says Maya.

"Congratulations Lucas Friar," Riley starts reading, "You are an official entry in this year's Austin Round-Up Rodeo. You will be riding Tombstone the sheep."

"What! Tombstone! Oh wow that's the end to you," Zay shouts

"Why is it the end of him?," Maya asks.

"What's the difference between riding Judy the sheep and Tombstone the sheep?" Riley asks.

"Read it again," I tell them.

"Blah blah blah over the age and weight limit for Mutton Buster's blah we have placed you in the adult rodeo blah riding Tombstone the sheep." Maya says.

"OH, you only got ONE word wrong ." I yell.

"Let's see if they find that one word." Zay says.

"blah blah blah blahdy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahdy blah OH bull," Maya said, finally figuring it out.

"She found it." Zay said.

"You signed me up to ride TOMBSTONE THE BULL." I yell.

"Are you excited?" Riley asked with a smile.