Part 1

Life, it's not always fair. It never turns out the way you plan it. In the timeline that I had planned for myself, it would have been me and my mate, no matter who it was, together forever, that's the saying, isn't it? Unfortunately, that wasn't what life thought for me.

It's been 2 ½ years since I left. Over 2 years that I left the safety of a pack, since I left my mate, my supposed mate and an alpha who wanted me to be his mate. 2 ½ years since I lost my baby, a baby that was forced upon me. It was too much to take on for a 17 ½ year old girl, the stress that I went through caused my body to abort it, and it finally caused me to break.

Loosing everything I had made me the girl I am today. Going rogue was hard, I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but it's the simple things in life that you miss. A nice comfy bed, hot running water, and even just a heater for those cold winter mornings and frozen nights.

I was one of the lucky rogues. After wandering on my own for 2 weeks, constantly on the move, a stroke of luck rained down on me. Normally when you go rogue, you're on your own, but I managed to cross paths with a small family. A father, mother and son, kicked out by the mothers pack, because her mate was a rogue. Due to being in a small pack, they hadn't lost their minds, and gone feral. I was lucky in that sense, that I wasn't attacked when we found each other, 3 against 1 isn't brilliant odds, even for a lone alpha female.

I think it was Melody's idea to allow me to join. Call it women's intuition, but I bet she got lonely being the only woman in the group. Andrew, her mate, easily caved in to her idea of me being with them, if it kept Melody happy. And then there was Liam, the hardest of the bunch to please. I think it was hard for him since he'd been a rogue his entire life, all 25 years of it. And understandably he didn't trust easily. But barely a week later and he had warmed up to me. Hunting for food suddenly became easier, having 2 younger, energetic and stronger wolves with the additional 2 driving prey forward. Food was never an issue for us.

The only thing that gave me and Liam, for that matter, an issue was when once a month; my heat cycle would come round. And considering Liam was unmated, and not used to being so close to she wolves in heat, it made it nearly impossible for him to control himself. As luck would have it again, Melody was a doctor in her previous pack, meaning she knew how to calm my heat levels, and how to calm them down to a barely there level, so me and Liam could at least be in the same field together.

Very, very rarely we'd come across a pack, and the simple thing to do would be to turn tail and run, whereas before I would of fought the enemy, or even tried too. But I wasn't in charge of this group, not that I wanted to be. In situations like this, Andrew was top dog, whatever he said in moment like this, we followed.

Other than that, life was alright, my stomach was full, I had a new group to be with, and my life was finally starting to look up.

For the next few days anyway.