xxviii. narrative

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
TWENTY-EIGHT
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

Penelope was waiting down in the hotel lobby with Lily, while Issie, Millie, and Louis were on the way to pick her up.

She wasted no time packing an overnight bag as soon as they got home from dinner. Her mom had tried talking to her, but Penelope was too upset. Everything was going perfect and then she just had to go and ruin it.

Lily suddenly stood up. "I think that's them." She pointed through the glass revolving doors.

"Yep Louis just texted me," Penelope stood up and hugged her sister. "Love you! Sorry I'm leaving you for the night." She pursed her lips into a small frown.

"Don't worry about it, go have fun." Lily let go from their hug.

Penelope pushed past the revolving doors of the hotel building and sprinted towards the car. Issie was in the drivers seat and honked the horn a couple times.

Millie stuck her head out the window of the back seat. "Get in loser we're going shopping!" She shouted, Louis could be heard in the background telling her to sit down.

Penelope hopped in the backseat next to Millie. Before they pulled off, Penelope waved goodbye to Lily, who was standing at the doors in her pajamas.

"You guys are so embarrassing." Louis shook his head at his sisters.

Issie pulled off from the curb and out of the parking lot.

"No, you're just boring Lou." Millie scooted over some, making more room for Penelope.

"OHHH ITS A MEAN GIRLS REFERENCE!" Penelope exclaimed, having just gotten the joke. "Sorry, I'm a little slow."

"We know." Louis flinched away as Penelope swung her fist playfully right into his arm.

Issie turned up the radio as they laughed and sang - screamed- Christmas songs. Millie asked Penelope all about her life in LA.

Penelope couldn't remember the last time she'd said so much about herself. She'd smile internally whenever Millie's eyes lit up as she spoke.

"Home sweet home." Issie chimed as she pulled into the driveway of the Partridge's house.

It was decorated nicely on the outside for the holidays. Colorful lights had been strung up across the roof, and an inflatable Santa bobbled back and forth in the side of the yard. A light layer of snow covered the grass and a little bit of the walkway in front.

"Thank god! We don't have to hear Louis' terrible singing anymore." Millie bolted out the car before Louis could get out and chuck a chunk of snow at her.

He still attempted anyways. The snowball just barely skimmed the arm of Millie's coat. She stuck out her tongue and teased him.

Penelope grabbed her bag off the seat and got out the car. She followed them to the front door just as Mrs. Partridge opened the door for them. Everyone rushed inside and away from the crisp cold air outside.