Part 2

We had to walk north towards a city that had a rare gem that Lily was looking for. It would usually take about a week to get there but since she can move faster than most we made it in 3 days. I was a bit hesitant to go there since humans aren't very welcomed but since she looked like she really wanted it I decided to go. And I wouldn't let anyone harm her and if they did they would need to be prepared to suffer the consequences because I can't afford to lose her. Not now. Not ever. We walked towards the big city. The city lights lit up the starry night sky. I wasn't fazed by them. I mean it wasn't the first time I've been here. But Lily, her eyes were opened wide. She looked like a baby cat. She was too cute. I tried to hold in my laughter. "What are you laughing at?!" she asked with a scrunched up face. "Oh it's nothing really. It's just that you look like a baby cat with your eyes open like that." I couldn't hold it in anymore. I burst out laughing. She looked at me with a mad face and walked faster. "Oh don't be like that. I'm sorry for laughing, it's just that you looked so cute." Lily stopped walking and faced me. Her face was pink. "You-you think I'm cute?" Oops I didn't mean for that to slip out. "Well yeah of course you are. I mean look how small you are." "UH I am not small. You're just too tall. Its not my fault that I'm 5'6 and your a stupid 6'3 giant." Lily quickly turned around and started walking. Phew, that was a close one, I gotta watch what I say next time. I ran to catch up with her. I walked beside her. "So lil..." "Lily. My name is Lily." Ouch. I guess I made her mad. "Lily, right sorry. Um so as I was saying. Do you know where we are supposed to find this gem that you're looking for? And why do you want it? Is it for you or for someone else" "I don't know specifically where the store is located but it's called The Findings. It's this store that pops up every 4 months. It's constantly moving around so it would take awhile to find it again so we have to get it this week. " Lily replied. "Oh ok but um you still didn't answer my question about who it's for" "It's not for me. It's actually for someone that means a lot to me." "um may I know who that person is?" "What's with all the questions today? It's not for you so stop asking." I looked at Damon. He looked a bit hurt. "Ah ok, sorry for asking so many questions." I'm sorry Damon. I hope that didn't hurt too much. It's just that this is a surprise for you and I don't want to ruin it just yet.

We entered the busy city. I held Lily close to me so that I wouldn't lose her in the crowd. Since I had never heard of the store I didn't know how to get to it. I dragged Lily over to an information shop. "Hi, can you give us directions to the store, The Findings" I asked the lady working there. She looked at us with concern "why would you want to go there? It's dangerous to go near that store. There are demons crawling everywhere." I looked over at Lily. She had a determined face. "Please ma'am I'm looking for something important. Can you give us directions?" The lady noticed her determination and knew that she wasn't going to leave until she got the directions. She sighed and pulled out a map and a pen. "I marked the map with the way to get there. I can see that you are determined to get what you want. I hope you guys find what you're looking for and be safe." The lady said as she handed me the map. " Thank you for the directions and we'll be careful."