Migraine

It must have been 4 in the morning when I finally awoke if the chiming of the clock was any indication. Surveying my surroundings, I froze realising I must have fallen asleep in the library. To make matters worse my headache was still persistent in torturing me every single second, seemingly a dozen times worth than before. Quickly, I forced myself to stand clutching the back of the armchair for support. Hoisting my body forward, I headed to the door closing it silently so it didn't disturb any vampires with their ridiculous super-sonic hearing. Finally, I reached Master's room and to my utter horror the door was wide open, the light glaring up the darkness of the hallway.

Swallowing my oncoming dread and instinct yelling at me to retreat back to the library, I entered the room glancing around expecting Master to pin my body to the wall at any given moment. But he didn't. Looking around, his room was deserted and I sighed in sudden relief going to the bathroom, in the vain hope I could pretend I had been there all along. Much like before though I hadn't consumed anything, I brushed my teeth just when I was made aware of a daunting presence behind me.

'Where have you been for so long, pet?' He sounded so unnervingly calm that him expoding and threatening to make me his little bloodbag was very preferable at this point. 'In here, Master.' I replied still refusing to face him.
'Nearly six hours spent in the bathroom, do you really expect to believe that, my little pet?' I saw him in the mirror placing his strong arms on either side of my body, caging me against the basin.
I was hesitant to reply so I remained silent but the warning in his gaze stirred something in me,'I-I was with Briar; I didn't realise the time: I'm sorry.'
'I can hear your lie.' Master scowled,'Maybe we need a repeat of your previous punishment; this time I'll use something far more exciting than my hand, which I think you'll enjoy very much.'
'No.' I shook my head frantically squirming in his grip desperate to break free. He took my wrists in one palm twisting them painfully the more I struggled.
'You're fighting back a lot more pet; I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.' Master grabbed my shoulders rotating then round until I was facing his chest. The height difference was laughable at this point I held my breath tears of frustration falling from my eyes. Levelling his face to mine, Master wiped them away with his knuckle holding my arms above my head like I was incapable of standing still. Even when I was on the verge of a mental breakdown he made a motive to belittle me every chance he got.

Still wearing that patronising glare, I shied away from him ready to accept whatever fitting punishment he was more than willing to throw my way. 'Show me your neck.' I obliged tilting my head to the angle I knew he liked best. I yelped when his fangs protruded into my flesh uncaringly tearing it in the process. There was no prepartion for this and I trembled causing his grip to tighten in an effort to render me still. He hadn't even bothered removing the collar so it was forced up rubbing against the column of my neck. A vibrating hum rung through his chest much like a cat and was the same for any Apex vampire when feeding off live blood. 'You never fail to satisfy my needs, little pet.' I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or not. He resumed feeding and I was growing more light-headed by the second half-hoping I would faint out of my misery.

Master's fangs elongated furthur under the skin locating the vein and I jerked my head back not expecting the sudden jolt of pain. He grabbed a fistful of my hair tugging me back into the correct position where he had easy access to the column of my neck. In an attempt to restrain me, Master's hand touched my forehead and he must have felt the burning sensation because in one fluid movement he forced me to straddle the toilet lid. Of cause I didn't dare move when he held a flannel on my forehead after running it under the tap for a few seconds. Almost instantly, I felt the relief and I closed my eyes unbothered even if Master drastically changed his demonear in a few seconds and hauled me over his knee; I wouldn't be astonished in the least.
'Have you had a drink today, pet?' He most likely knew the answer so I didn't know why he was asking yet I forced myself to ground out:
'No Master.'
'Well have you eaten anything?'
I shook my head and Master deemed it a substantial enough answer that he didn't probe me for a verbal response, which I was somewhat grateful for. My eyes shut again and I froze when I felt something lift me up, then moments later deposit me on a soft exterior which I supposed was a mattress.
'Do you want to wear your hoodie?' He questioned like I was a child. Like before I shook once again not bothering to grant him my usual robotic response. Honestly, I wanted to kick all my clothes off but given the situation I don't think that was a practical cause of action.

So I merely rolled over on the bed closing my eyes as my head was still spinning infront of my very eyes. A short while later, I felt a cold glass against my lips and without thinking I opened my mouth a little just wide enough to allow a slip of water through. My throat was arid like sandpaper and it took a great deal of effort to will my stomach to behave itself. It's only water. I reminded myself over and over again rehearsing it in my head. All this time, Master remained silent not uttering a single word while he ensured I drank every last drop of water. I must have finished nearly a whole two glasses which was a record breaker in itself for me. When I was nearing my limit, Master allowed me to sit back reapplying a cool flannel on my forehead.
'If there's no improvement in the morning; I'm taking you to a doctor.' His words made my blood run cold and I straightened abruptly latching onto his arm. The vampire's eyes frowned down to my grasp but I didn't let go,'Please don't make me go to the doctor Master!' I practically yelled old memories resurfacing in my mind afresh.
'They will make you better, pet.' He assured like that was supposed to offer some sort of comfort. They won't. I wanted to scream at him but deicidng it not wise I frantically shook my head again. He seemed to be very lenient today so I didn't want to push my luck too far.'This isn't up for discussion.' He snapped wrenching his arm away with enough force that I fell back against the headboard. Nevermind.

I didn't say anything else my throat very much like it was the Sahara desert again but now I noticed it a lot more. Master got on his side of the bed his back to me which wasnt new though I tried to put as much distance between us as possible. Sleep found him quickly but I lay awake knowing there was no way I'd get a chance to rest since it was probably already 5 am in the morning; plus my mind was replaying the time of my last visit to a doctor.