Chapter 12: A Pioneer brother

Time passed on their way to Zenda as the two cargo proceeded onwards, according to the road of the journey just as the same as they planned.

The road, however, had to continue through open fields of crops of wheat, in a teasing unpaved way in the middle of vast farmlands surrounding both sides

The head of the men raised his hand, ordering a full stop to the convoy. Scanning ahead.

"Hey, why did we stop?!" Louis complained.

"I sense danger, my young sire. This territory belongs to the Pioneers"

"What!". Louis's hair went straight up, he took the warning seriously.

"Slow down, dear". then she faced the man. "Sir, could you elaborate more on who those pioneers folks are?". Diana was interested to know more.

The man began.

"The pioneers are a widespread gang made of poor strong men, along with their families supporting their back, that opposes the central leadership domain of Wain and all the rich below his hand. We believe that the pioneers are who began a class struggle against all the Patricians in the kingdom. They think the rich are responsible for the poverty and corruption in the country, by using their money as a weapon.

They deemed their very name because they believed they were among the first who could proudly spark the fire of the revolution against the king, leading the angry people to a genociding riot that favours the poor and impends justice over the interest of the top masses. Or that's what they try to convince the people with.

"Ok, what does that have to do with us?"

"They are criminals, miss. Don't be fooled by their fancy idealistic goals. They kill and assault convoys on any road they control especially those who show a semblance of wealth. In other words, they just need to spot my young prince here, and all of us will be one with the dead"

Louis swallowed hard.

"Alright, let's find another path then!" She suggested the obvious solution.

"Negative". Another man responded. "Our lady strictly told us to stick to this very road, because that's where the king patrols will be least threatening. If we turned around now, we would risk ourselves getting caught by his majesty's men"

"Very well, we are completely fucked then" Louis protested, overwhelmed by the sophisticated situation.

"Wait, I have an idea," she said while disembarking.

"H...Hey, wha...What are you doing!!? and why are you gathering mud?!"

"A prince is known for his elegant clothes, correct?"

He felt uneasiness from her look. "Uhm...no, not entirely...why?"

______________________________________

Two hidden Pioneers watching from up the hill Pov:

"What in the name of the world is that girl doing to that boy?" A man said watching over the convoy

"Seems she is sticking mud to his clothes, and he is disgusted by it. The youth these days are difficult to understand". Another person by his side responded.

"I don't know why but I have that gut feeling they are up for something. Maybe they know we are watching?"

"Oh, yeah? So what? They don't seem dangerous in any way and by their looks, they look like deranged common folks passing by"

"yeah, ma...Hold on, Take a Look again at that blonde girl!" he pointed

"What? She is cute. is that your point?"