chapter 20

I did my best to take down as much as I could, but soon enough they got too close for me to use a bow, so I had to do my best at close combat; Meaning that I barely took down one before I was overwhelmed.

All it took was one single kick to my side to bring me flat on my back. I could barely catch my breath as I stared up at the big brute that was standing over me. He swung his spear before bringing it down. I flinched and closed my eyes, but there was no pain.

Upon opening my eyes, I found a lone grounder fighting the others. It only took him seconds to wipe them all out. I was still lying on my back gaping like an idiot when he started approaching me. He roughly pulled me up to my feet, glaring into my eyes.

"Were you born stupid or does it come natural to you?" he grumbled. I blinked in shock at him.

"Fuck you, who the hell you calling stupid, you savage gorilla?!"

"The reckless stupid idiot I'm staring right at," her responded.

I raised both my hands, flashing him the middle fingers, "how about you stare at these?!" he roughly grabbed one of my wrists and started pulling me to walk behind him.

"Hey! What the hell, stronzo (asshole)? Let go of me, you mongrel! Where are we even going anyway?" I grumbled trying to free my hand, but he had a vice grip.

"Taking you back to your people!" he replied, not slowing down his pace.

I pointed with my free thump at the opposite direction he's walking to, "we're going the wrong way, Coglione! (moron) "

"I meant back at your camp," he said, I final managed to free myself against his hold which stopped him in his tracks.

"No we are fucking not!" I disagreed. He scoffed and went to grab my wrist again, but I dodged him. "I'm dead serious, I gotta help the others and Octavia!"

He gritted his teeth as he stepped closer to me, "you go back there, and you will be dead!"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I gotta help them," I told him quietly. He kept staring at me for a minute before sighing deeply, dropping his head before bringing it up again a second later.

"Try not to die," He said, reluctantly. My lips stretched into a wide smile.

"I'm too much of a tough cookie to die," I smirked, jokingly punching his shoulder. He glanced towards where my fist hit his shoulder.

"Go," he sighed. I saluted as I started walking away, before he suddenly pulled me back, "be careful," I nodded, giving him a soft smile.

=======

Following the tracks lead me towards an un-built tent in the middle of the forest. I had to blink a few times at the sight, especially with the obvious shape of four figures hiding under it.